1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Help with the Top Gear test track

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Crayfish, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Crayfish

Crayfish

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I've been playing around with the Top Gear test track (Mike Cantwell ver 1.10) and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, what would be the closest car (stock or otherwise) to the 'reasonably priced car' they use in the show? I read that the Rhez has similar horsepower, but would the Rayzor be closer, due to its softer suspension?

Secondly (probably a stupid question), but how do I go about getting a timed lap from standstill as they do on the show? I tried 'testing' but the clock doesnt start when I cross the line. I tried going to raceday 'qualifiying lap', but the game just gives me a yellow card when I cross the intersection on the way to the startline and AI cars sometimes come and smash into me from behind if I stop there.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

2. Bradley Vanian

Bradley Vanian

Ratings:
    +1,160
    Maybe you should download the Reasonabley Priced Car. (Kia C'eed)

3. Alexander Rhodes

Alexander Rhodes

Ratings:
    +9
    also, go from the pits, around the track and stop before the line, that way it should record the flying lap as it would normally.

4. Crayfish

Crayfish

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, the flying lap method works, tho kind of a pain to have to lap every time before.
    I found one of the older reasonably priced cars for GTR2, but cant findd any for rfactor.
    Thanks again.