F1 2010 Help with starting at the lights.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, i have recently turned to expert mode since i have bought myself a wheel. Im loving it but at the start i am always slower starting off. i am getting the hang of manual and traction off. i use to play with all assits on and my start was at lot faster. Do i rev flat out or half way or what. I am confused????

Ease the throttle in gently so you should start off with lower revs and steadily build them up. Unfortunatly I can't find a video of an onboard start with the throttle graphic but have a look for one and you'll notice the throttle bar is pretty low until the revs build up so they don't overspin the wheels.

You can change the sensitivity of the pedal. In my case, the sensitivity is set 5%. With traction OFF, I use medium revs, but it is not easy. For a good start I turn traction ON and use maximum revs.

I have always used full throttle. The thing is I get swarmed, But I usually make it up on the slow corners what the AI go around. Unless its Catalunya. (Which is a pain) I suggest full throttle to be fairly honest but it can be quite a risk.

Keep the revs on "low green" - on cockpit cam. Use lower 1,2 and 3 gear setting and on the start feather the throttle in first gear the auto clutch system is insane. i hope that they will fine tune it in f1 2011. After the start put the engine on fast mode. I'm really fast on the starts after a months of errors and frustration.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back