• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Help with starting at the lights.

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Michael Sheedy, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Michael Sheedy

Michael Sheedy

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, i have recently turned to expert mode since i have bought myself a wheel. Im loving it but at the start i am always slower starting off. i am getting the hang of manual and traction off. i use to play with all assits on and my start was at lot faster. Do i rev flat out or half way or what. I am confused????

2. Wynterdust

Wynterdust

Ratings:
    +0
    Ease the throttle in gently so you should start off with lower revs and steadily build them up. Unfortunatly I can't find a video of an onboard start with the throttle graphic but have a look for one and you'll notice the throttle bar is pretty low until the revs build up so they don't overspin the wheels.

3. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    Please post in the F1 2010 Section not the F1 2011 Section, this game isn't out yet.

4. Bradley Capps-Jenner

Bradley Capps-Jenner

Ratings:
    +269
    In my opinion starts are too easy, I think the first 5 secs of the race, traction control should be turned off so there is actually a SKILL in starting, rather than just startingh fully on the throttle.

5. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Ratings:
    +253
    Traction control isnt always on its down to the assists that are made avaliable.

6. Savani

Savani

Ratings:
    +0
    You can change the sensitivity of the pedal. In my case, the sensitivity is set 5%. With traction OFF, I use medium revs, but it is not easy. For a good start I turn traction ON and use maximum revs.

7. Chris Briddon

Chris Briddon

Ratings:
    +0
    I have always used full throttle. The thing is I get swarmed, But I usually make it up on the slow corners what the AI go around. Unless its Catalunya. (Which is a pain) I suggest full throttle to be fairly honest but it can be quite a risk.

8. slavko.g

slavko.g

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep the revs on "low green" - on cockpit cam. Use lower 1,2 and 3 gear setting and on the start feather the throttle in first gear the auto clutch system is insane. i hope that they will fine tune it in f1 2011. After the start put the engine on fast mode. I'm really fast on the starts after a months of errors and frustration.