Help with SFX-100, started acting weird

I moved the whole rig to a different place in the room and since then it does this... It keeps randomly dropping down a bit, the video shows what the motor controllers are doing. Do you think its EMI or something else? No other equipment is affected in any way, just the SFX-100 itself :/ Any ideas?

Maybe a grounding issue? Different wall socket than earlier?
I think you just did it :) I started to think, what is different, and the only difference I was able to think of is a different extension lead, turns out the old one has surge and spike protection, I guess sometimes the stuff on extensions are actually true :) Need more testing, but so far seems much better. Still will change wires, cause I already ordered them :)

Edit.. Naah, after a bit of stability dropping again... ok, will wait for shielded cables and will go from there :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you plug all USB devices back to the exact same USB ports on the PC as before? You might have a USB ground loop some where and changing the USB ports will result differently.

In any case, replacing with shielded cable is almost a must for any SFX100 rigs anyway, even if it may / may not fix this particular issue.

Upvote 0
Did you plug all USB devices back to the exact same USB ports on the PC as before? You might have a USB ground loop some where and changing the USB ports will result differently.

In any case, replacing with shielded cable is almost a must for any SFX100 rigs anyway, even if it may / may not fix this particular issue.
I think everything went back in the same ones, but yeah, the cables will be here tomorrow, will start with that and report the results

Upvote 0
Update: So just received my shielded power cables, run few laps and left it standing in up position for half an hour, no drops anymore, so at this point I think the shielding was the cure. Thanks guys for your input, See you on track

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea