1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with monitor whitewash

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by DarrenLMP3, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Here's a video i made of a race i was in earlier tonight. Im still trying to figure out how to get rid of the white wash on the monitors. I'm using a Kodak Z8 Camera. I have a GoProHD that i was using for some videos but that camera sucks for recording a monitor.
    http://youtu.be/mtr7Z59fSjg

2. Possibly making the rest of the room brighter will more evenly balance out the lighting?

3. I think is the contrast between how bright the monitors are and how dark the room is, so I would see if you could do as Josh mentioned and add more light. Also the Kodak and the go pro have such small lenses they will always struggle in dark conditions. To record in dark conditions you really need a higher end camera or a DSLR with a very low F stop lens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok, Thanks for the input. So I'm going up to depot and get some lighting. What do you think would work? Fluorescence shop lights? Im gonna look around and see what they have.

5. I found 6" top hat recessed lighting. Contractors 6-pack. 60 bucks! Im going to pick them up and get them mounted right quickly. I'll make another video with the results!

6. As long as the light isnt directly in the lens, and just brightening up the ambiance on the room in general, it should help.

7. Yup what he said :p

8. Advise taken! Thanks guys.

9. Success :thumbsup: