HELP with loading custom track

Hi folks.

I'm new to designing tracks for Assetto Corsa. At the moment I'm trying to make a track using Race Track Builder version 1.3. I've laid down the main track, creating fences, pitbuildings and a pitlane that extends out underneath the main track. I've also placed the car symbols on the track before the start line and so on.

I've then saved the track through the AC editor and placed the Kn5 file into "assetto corsa/content/track folder. (not the documents part) I copied and pasted the the "ai, data, skins and ui" folders and the map file from the magione track, and I've changed the text in the ui_track file to match my track.

I should have done anything correctly, but when I try to load it in the game it says "loading trackname" and then it goes back to the main menu. It won't go on loading the cars and so on. I'm using version 1.14.1 of the game by the way.

I could really need some help with this one.

Note: I have a thought. Could it be because one part of my track goes underneath another part, making some sort of conflict with the ground??

Help!

//Paul.

It turned out to be all the Magione files in the \data folder

Once they were all removed except for surfaces.ini / crew.ini / map.ini the track loaded up fine.

It's ok to use some of the files from other tracks in order to yours working, but you just need to be careful which ones. It's easier to add files one by one to get it working, rather than removing them until it works.

Ideally when testing a new track you only need your track's folder with its .kn5 file, an empty ai folder, an empty data folder, a ui folder with a correct ui_track.json file and nothing else. If you test in Practice mode you don't need fast_lane or pit_lane files, camera files, surface files etc etc. Once it works in-game, then you can start to add files like surface.ini, crew.ini etc. If you add these one by one, with the correct settings in each one, if you suddenly hit a loading problem you will have a better chance of working out what's gone wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back