General Help, what did I break

1704736448131.png
ok what did i break and how do i fix it, this happens only when i texture the model using ksSkinnedMesh, but when I use ksPerPixel the model is a statue and doesnt move nor does it allow me to move it

It's the steps before that where things go wrong, whatever you use to make the fbx file. Once it's an fbx with shaders being applied to it there are no settings that can fix a broken armature. It's either a working fbx or not working.

Last edited:
There are a few things to consider:
- coordinate system on export
- vertex groups assignment to rig bone names
- skin weights / weight painting

Stereo has published a rigged driver model blend file that may be helpful as well

There are a few things to consider:
- coordinate system on export
- vertex groups assignment to rig bone names
- skin weights / weight painting

Stereo has published a rigged driver model blend file that may be helpful as well
I've gotten it really close, the head is in the right spot but I can't get the body to "move" or animate the body is just a statue and I've tried EVERYTHING, disected multiple driver mods Kunos and mods from here, replicated EVERYTHING I've found, but I'm missing something, maybe something in the way I export it

here is an update of where ive gotten to, and at this point if i put the mod in ksSkinnedMesh it disappears, am i connecting the dummy bones wrong?

Also this is with all the bones removed from the skin in 3ds max and textured with perpixelnm, if i attach the bones I can get it to pose and animate perfect, but then something goes wrong between ksEditor and in game causing the monster you see at the top, but funny thing, that monster you see at the top, is "sitting" in the right spot if it was actually a driver and not a model, AND it animates... what am i missing or doing wrong?
@Stereo please help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-10 022843.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-10 022843.png
    642.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back