Short version:
I need help finding a steering shaft / column as thin as possible for my Simucube 2 so I can have my new, bigger monitor as low as possible.

Long version:
This wasn't really a problem with 27" and especially 24" monitors. It started getting bad - but not terrible and still playable - with 32" (16:9) and 38" (21:9 / 24:10) monitors. Now, with my new monitor, a 45" 21:9, the screen is way too high. Although "unplayable" is an exaggeration, it's really bad and unnatural. You're staring noticeably and even uncomfortably upwards. It's like the screen is up in the air relative to you. Looking straight means staring somewhere in the bottom quarter of the screen which sometimes is where the driver's feet are in the game.

The new monitor has a thicker / deeper (forward to back) base which means I can't set it as low as other monitors thanks to the annoying, huge pinhead that sticks out of the Simucube 2's quick-release system. This means I have to set the monitor around 1-1.5 inches higher than all my other previous monitors.

Even if I could set this monitor as low as my previous ones, the screen's centre point would still be too high due to the screen's sheer vertical size. I therefore need as thin a steering shaft as possible.

Surely there must be some super thin yet strong steering shafts available? I don't care if it's made out of cast-iron (for strength), it just needs to be as thin as possible.

P.S. With all the monitor technology out - folding, bendable, curved, etc. - and with the recent/current rise of racing/simracing games, I'm sure we'll eventually get monitors with holes in them for steering shafts to run through; either directly from manufacturers or as mods.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back