Help to reinstall rFactor correctly

Hello,

I am new in this forum but not new with rFactor.
I had it running ten years ago in a different PC with MODS working fine, but due to the need to change of PC I have had to reinstall from scratch and I am struggling severely.
I have managed to get v.1255 running and I even have installed JSGME to enable one mod, GP137, and did launch it with the ModLauncher software.
The problem is that, though the mod seems to load apparently, there is only one car available, one from the default stock of rFactor, none from the GP37 Mod, and it looks like it is even locked.
Besides, If I launch the default rFactor library I can see all the modern cars there, but it still shows just one as available and the rest for purchase (which I can´t buy because I don't have the money).

I think that there must be some patch that I need to install, but I really don`t remember which one..
Is there any installation guide that may serve for the purpose? I have searched here but couldn't find any..

Thanks for any help that you can bring here.

I have found that the problem was due to the absence of the GP37 Vehicles folder in Gamedata. It should have been copied by JSGME while enabling the Mod, but it didn't so I have had to copy paste it manually and it works fine now, showing all the cars included in the Mod at zero cost for purchase.
So, problem solved.

For anyone reading...........

Start a test session with unlocked car
In chat box type ISI_BABYFACTORY ( all caps )
click chat
leave track
silly how much it gives you 1-2 billion

something in my JSGME installs give a new player 5 million which again is way to much
However it also unlocks all cars and tracks
Sorry can't remember maybe XUI and HD1.2 or 4gb exe

Pretty sure there is drag and drop for this, can't remember sorry.

Stock rF method 1

HD UI rF method 2

No mods because I use JSGME/OVGME for all content.
Even my rF base files are GME mods.
Is a system I invented, starting with a full blank template of rF then I add rF as first GME mod.
From then on GME's will give proper warning messages for all overwrites.
Default way doesn't.

4 FLAVOURS :coffee:

Last edited:
I have found that the problem was due to the absence of the GP37 Vehicles folder in Gamedata. It should have been copied by JSGME while enabling the Mod, but it didn't so I have had to copy paste it manually and it works fine now, showing all the cars included in the Mod at zero cost for purchase.
So, problem solved.

JSGME also has problem with protected folders or hidden files some modders leave behind.
OVGME does not have this issue.

Last edited:
something in my JSGME installs give a new player 5 million which again is way to much
However it also unlocks all cars and tracks

Lol, reminds me of the old cheat for GTL to unlock all cars and tracks ...gave you about $100 million so you could buy everything, ten times over.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.