• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Help-Thrustmaster TX settings

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by SnappyDEe, Jun 11, 2015.

1. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +304
    Looking for recommendations for the TX/T300RS. I need help setting the Thrustmaster profiler and in game settings. It's been a while so i was wondering if anyone had some updated recommendations.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jimortality

jimortality
    jimortality Premium

Ratings:
    +915
    Yes

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Thomasew

Thomasew

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Snappy,

For what it's worth, .. these are mine. I'm using a Thrustmaster TX with the GTE Wheel. Give them a try. If you need more or less force, .. change the Force Feedback Intensity first, .. before you change any other settings. Obviously, the effect settings (last 4 settings) are a personal choice .. i.e. Engine Vibrations etc..

I've been fiddling with the FF for a few months now, .. and give or take a value here or there, .. they feel good to me, for both the FWD and RWD cars.

If nothing else, .. it's a starting point .. :)

See pics for settings.

Cheers
    Tom

Attached Files:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thomasew

Thomasew

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi again,

I nearly forgot, .. in Advanced Settings, .. I have Steering Sensitivity currently set to 35. Whatever you do, .. I would reduce it from the default of 50.

Apologies for the additional post, .. for some reason I couldn't Edit my original post. :(

Cheers
    Tom

5. jimortality

jimortality
    jimortality Premium

Ratings:
    +915
    Lol I'll try and post mine for the tx soon but it's work in progress.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +304
    Thanks guys. Tom, I will try yours soon and get back to you.

7. jimortality

jimortality
    jimortality Premium

Ratings:
    +915
    @SnappyDEe

Force Feedback Intensity 100%

Steering Force Settings
    Steering Force Intensity 50%
    Understeer 100%
    Vertical Load 170%
    Lateral Force 110%
    Steering Rack 0%

Force Feedback effect settings
    Engine 0%
    Brake 0%
    Kerb 40%
    Shift Effect 30%

This was with the BMW Z4 ADAC on Bathurst. This felt quite good to me. I tried the Thomas files and it didn't feel right to me but obviously it's all personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ZethGAF

ZethGAF

Ratings:
    +98
    Thanks - this thread has been super helpful for me with my T300. I'll have to try reducing sensitivity from 50 to 30ish and see what that does. I also reduced overall FFB a few clicks as I'm using the leather 28 wheel which is a bit lighter.

9. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +304
    Okay guys. So, I tried many of these settings but I still have two problems. here is my best attempt and describing them:

1. No resistance when turning the wheel. I prefer to have some resistance when turning in. Preferably something that is progressive .

2. This one is tough to describe but...when I turn the wheel it feels like there is a delay/lag between when I turn and when the car responds. By then, I have to correct and there is some lag with That input. Its ugly. @Msportdan describes it as "floaty" but I think what we are experiencing is the same thing. The inputs are delayed/indirect.

I am running both sim and TX profiler at 900.

10. Msportdan

Msportdan
    Banned

Ratings:
    +496
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1