1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Help please on Freezing

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Doug46, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Hi I have a nvidia system and have no issues , but my son has a radeon system and every time he comes off track and returns to the menu the game freezes,We basically have the same pc system except for the graphics card in terms of memory and power we have the same i have been trough everything (i think) new Radeon graphics card drivers, updating the fanatec steering wheel and making sure this is all up to date, would really appreciate any help on this matter. We are at present downloading another racing game to see if this has the same effect and will get back on this.

Thanks

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,920
    I had freezing issues on my nVidia based system a couple of weeks ago, though it was happening on track while driving rather than when returning to the pits.

The first thing to try is verifying the game's files through Steam. To do that, right-click on the game in Steam, then Properties => Local Files => Verify integrity of Game Files. (This often fixes many issues, though it didn't fix my freezes.)

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the game from scratch. Uninstall it, and then delete it's settings folder from My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience. Then reinstall the game as normal. (This did fix my freezes.)

Hope you get it working buddy! :thumbsup:

3. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks will try this, we did do the steam verifying but no joy , but will try deleting the game and restarting, thanks again, ill let you know how we get on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    So far after reloading the game no freezes yet , hope to give it a good play on the weekend thanks, wont to get in running for my son as well as myself so we can join some good online racing

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3