Help Please Lagging.

Hi I have a very good gaming PC and I can run all the sims without lag. However, with automobilista I am experiencing occasional lag spikes and sometimes even big freezes. Can anyone give me tips on how to make the game run smooth?

I am running triple monitors btw.

Shadows and time progression should not be an issue with the recent builds.
Are you running recent build btw? DynHUD with older builds caused problems for some people, new native HUD is better optimized so if you run with DynHUD turn it off.

Stuttering used to be a problem, but not anymore. I haven't seen anyone complaining at least since December.
I run max shadows, time progression on, and everything is smooth.

Turn off your AV/antiMalware off, it may help. Also, make sure your power options are set to High Performance and not power saver (don't forget to check PCI express).

Hopefully this helps.

Please can you explain how? Really interested on this...

I'm talking about Power Plan that you set up in Win.
Control Panel - select a power plan - click on 'High Performance' and "Change Plan Settings" - change advanced power settings (you'll see options regarding Processor power management, PCI Express, etc.) Make sure to turn off any power saving options off, and min/max cpu state to 100%)

Sometimes having those set to power saving can cause micro stuttering

Shadows and time progression should not be an issue with the recent builds.
Are you running recent build btw? DynHUD with older builds caused problems for some people, new native HUD is better optimized so if you run with DynHUD turn it off.

Stuttering used to be a problem, but not anymore. I haven't seen anyone complaining at least since December.
I run max shadows, time progression on, and everything is smooth.

Turn off your AV/antiMalware off, it may help. Also, make sure your power options are set to High Performance and not power saver (don't forget to check PCI express).

Hopefully this helps.

Hi, thanks for the reply. My power options are/were on high and the dynhud is/was off. I am/was running version 1.5.10r - is this the latest one?

But still lagging

Now when I select to race it goes to the loading screen the loading bar reaches 100% and it does not LOAD. What the hell is wrong with this damn sim, i really loved it when I did my first race now it is just falling apart for no reason

Try verifying your game files through Steam. It sounds like something is/was corrupted.

Graphics options such as shadows are changed within the main menu options. Having said that, a modern high end system shouldn't be crippled by shadows.

Be sure to use the default content when testing to rule out a dodgy mod install as the root cause.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.