Help needed - Something probably quite simple :)

Hi there,

Just been editting some skins from the F1 RFT 2010 mod for personal use (i've been making alternative skins for big brands - for example, i've done an Apple car and a Coca Cola one).

Problem is, I've edited say, a Force India, yet I can still see the 'Kingfisher' sponsor faintly in the paint.

I use Photoshop Elements 5.0 (I do have CS3, but I prefere Elements for what I do lol), and the paint schemes work just fine, apart from this annoying little issue.

Hope you can help.

Thank you in advance,

Selby

They've use the Body_spec to supposedly enhance the colours. The real purpose of the specular map is the older way (DX7) of creating shaders. This job is now taken over by the cube map which has a far better result (DX9). So in short you need to assign your skins to a different team car. The use of the specular map in this way is for that skin only and it's set in the GEN for that car only. Use a different veh file for your team but one that's assigned to the same model car.

The idea of using the Spec map this way is a total pain in the but! And really does nothing for the skins at all. Body_Spec is for shaders and should be left as such.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.