Help installing historx mod

I assume you tried and it didn't work, did you install it or just put the cd in for installation of HistorX?
It usually works without having to install GTL, just guessing here but maybe if it doesn't recognize the Computer Bild disc, it would recognize an installed GTL (beware of Starforce though, no idea if the CB version still has it).

"The GTL DVD/CD or the GTL digital version available at Steam or Raceroom.net will be required during the installation process of this version of the mod. But having GTL installed on your hardisk is not required."
Going by the manual it seems you'll need one of these two versions and installing the version you have won't help you either, but it might be worth to ask Rantam on the official forums for help.

Edit: A quick google search revealed this: http://historicgt.fr.yuku.com/reply/32889#.U-NLfmNfYZE
It seems you will be good to go :).

Last edited:
Thanks, i have it installed but it wont recognize it same with the disc, i did also post on that forum but it seems dead or very rarely visited by admins, i have also extracted the file's from the 2 exe. and added the files to a fresh instal of rfactor but that didn't work either, will give it ago if all else fails i may just have to resort to buying it from steam
Thanks for the help :)

Thanks, i have it installed but it wont recognize it same with the disc, i did also post on that forum but it seems dead or very rarely visited by admins, i have also extracted the file's from the 2 exe. and added the files to a fresh instal of rfactor but that didn't work either, will give it ago if all else fails i may just have to resort to buying it from steam
Thanks for the help :)
No problem, the forum is slow indeed but eventually you'll get help there. But i do understand your impatience and would probably buy it myself from Steam in you situation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back