Help I cant get rid of this awful cockpit movement

Scott Tanner

3vil - Steam
Can someone tell me how to remove the awful cockpit movement, it puts me off racing. I can handle when its the car moving over bumps and the world stays still to a certain degree like in AC or Pcars.

Please advise what I can alter.

To expand on some other realistic things that many people don't want (not directed towards you so forgive me for being off-topic).

1. There's been times where I could hardly read my gauges in real-life due to the vibrations, even at low RPMs in the morning when we warmed up the cars before bringing them to pitlane. Also, I remember I couldn't even read the big number-sticker on the car behind me when I was looking at it from my right mirror, and he was real-close. The vibrations where that terrible. Yet if you do that in-game (cockpit vibrations) then many start whining and bitching about how the vibrations are annoying, distracting, fake, make things difficult, and so on.

2. Many people use higher views (usually called the seat height) in games. I see so many videos of people using a sort of hybrid between a true eye height position view and a T-cam view (the common open-wheel cam above the drivers head). Less realism all in the name of comfort and performance (easier to see the road, judge the exact location of your car on track, see and plan out the racing line better, etc. it's just a nicer, "easier" view to deal with).

3. Many people using very low FFB. Much lower than their particular wheel can output before clipping. All in the name of having the "nicest", most comfortable, "easiest" FFB possible. In real-life, I had to literally prepare myself every single lap as I approached a couple particular curbs on the entry to a couple corners. The curbs were on the outside of the track and were used to put the outside tyres on upon turn-in (and maybe some braking too - can't remember). This was done because the curb actually had more grip than the regular road. You had to really prepare yourself physically and mentally every time upon approaching those curbs because the moment you hit them, the car/steering would almost instantly want to turn sharply into them (imagine a curb grabbing and sucking you in) which would shoot you off the track if you don't resist it with your steering. If that happened in-game, people would freak out and complain about "crazy", unrealistic, FFB with over exaggerated this, canned that, etc. (not to mention, probably change FFB settings to get rid of the phenomenon)...right......Ignorance is bliss.

Many people only want things to be realistic if it suits them, doesn't bother them, and/or doesn't affect their performance. "Selective Realism" seems like a good term for it. Too bad we don't have "selective realism" in real-life; I could have used it a few times myself, lol :)

Last edited:
@Spinelli :thumbsup: And don't forget that many people use virtual mirrors in cockpit which is also kind of 'cheating' way out of total realism. Sorry for my addon to this off-topic :)

:D spinelli may have a kind of zealot way expressing his opinion, but from a realism perspective he's right. Especially that with the giraffe seat position, man i hate that so much too

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back