1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

help, how do i remove the "look to apex" going on here?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by James Woods, Apr 24, 2012.

1. James Woods

James Woods
    Duvel

How do I remove what you see in this video?

The camera is swaying left to right, as if i have some "look ahead" on but i don't:

[​IMG]

If anyone can point me to some setting i can edit to dampen this effect, it would be most appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I do remember this. It was a long time ago so it's hard to remember the exact place to look to turn it off. I do know it's called "Look to apex" as your thread implies. I thought it was in the plr. Did have a quick look but didn't find it there.

I think it maybe in the controller ini. The look ahead setting isn't what your looking for. I'm sure it's "Look to apex".

3. Ok, Just found this at No grip forums. It a OLD post! Haha.. Like I said, It's been awhile since I've seen this..

• Like Like x 2
  4. James Woods

James Woods
    Duvel

They are both at 0.00000, I really don't know what's going on or how t solve this...

5. James Woods

James Woods
    Duvel

I now know what the problem is. In cam files, i've been lowering the OrientationRate from mod defaults (anywhere between 360 to 999) right down to 6, and the video shows what happens if you do this. At least It's solved now, even if it was all my fault in the first place!

I did this to get rid of most of the cockpit wobble I get, so now I need a method to minimize all the shaking, etc. Any help appreciated there!

6. Look for the HeadPhysics.ini in your vehicle file, put "HeadMass" to "0"...

The swaying is because the "head" is experiencing G-Forces, so if you put the head weightless, it should remove the effect :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. James Woods

James Woods
    Duvel

Thanks Will, have heard about doing that for better cam stability but haven't tried it yet, will give it a go. But my problems was definitely my messing with the orientation rate, all is fixed now :)