Help getting better at driving RSS Formula Hybrid F1 cars. Any adjustments I should make? Any videos I could watch?

So I'm new to sim racing, and loving it! I recently bought and downloaded, the RSS Formula Hybrid cars, which are supposed to mirror F1 cars. I am SO bad, which is fun, so I want to get better. And I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you all just keep the car with default settings? Do you make any adjustments that are necessary? I don't want to keep throwing myself at this if I'm driving a car that is ridiculous to drive.

2. In AC CM, when I do an "Analyze cars" to check for issues, it tells me that the car mods (RSS) have an "invalid weight" because driver weight is not included. [
1649359458047.png
]. Should I fix it? Or not? Does this make a big difference?

3. Are there any videos I can watch of people driving these cars with throttle/brake graphs visible? I struggle with knowing how much breaking and how much throttle to give when I'm driving.

Any other advice for getting better? I've been able to get 1 hot lap in without spinning out (1:55.000 in the AUS GP with a 2022 car lol).

As far as the Driver weight goes, stick to the “Fix UI” option. It’s not a big deal unless you’re going into the data files and changing it.

I will say that the main issue I tend to have with RSS open wheel cars is that the back end tends to be really really stiff, which is why they can easily spin out. If you give yourself better grip-related settings on the back end, such as increasing the Travel Range & Ride Height, as well as decreasing the Anti Roll Bar and Spring Rate, you can get a bit more traction on the rear end which will allow you to be a bit more aggressive on the accelerator.
With the Formula Hybrid specifically you’re gonna want to be as gradual as possible with the gas, but having more grip on the rear end really helps.

I noticed when driving at the latest Miami F1 20222 2.1 track mod that in the turn that approaches the Start/Finish, you can lose the back end deploying DRS while full gas with the stock setup. In other words, you used to be able to accelerate full gas all the way through that turn before the DRS zone was extended to match the real track and the grip level reduced slightly. I guess that it makes sense if you reduce the rear wing drag, you are reducing downforce.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back