• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Help deciding which new wheel to get

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Skyphoxxeon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Skyphoxxeon

Skyphoxxeon

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there, i currently have a dfgt and want to get rid of it soon.
    The wheels that are on my radar are currently the g27/g29, t300rs and the t500.
    Can't stretch beyond the price of the t500 unfortunately.
    Would appreciate if people could give me some pros and cons of each of these.
    Thanks in advance

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +310
    IMHO, t300rs or t500.
    Pros: they have decent power and are belt-driven with decent reliability. Known to work well with all sims.

G27/G29 are weak and gear-driven. They suffer even more under more demanding sims, like rF2 (flatspotting tires and offroad and bad bumps cause very loud rattling). Weak means you have a very small dynamic range for FFB without clipping.

3. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +455
    I'd say the T300 since it's smoother and a little bit stronger FFB than the T500.

4. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja

Ratings:
    +7
  5. Skyphoxxeon

Skyphoxxeon

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja

Ratings:
    +7
  7. Skyphoxxeon

Skyphoxxeon

Ratings:
    +0
  8. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +91
    save up and get a t300/t500. Don't go logitech. Just wait til you have the cash.

9. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +944
    T300, I had the TX for 2 years till I killed it then had G920 which I didn't get on with so now got T300 which is fantastic.

10. testdriver77

testdriver77

Ratings:
    +10
    Safe the money and buy a belt driven wheel. Best choice is the t500.
    I had the g27 before and changed to Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS v2 and it was like night an day.... the Porsche (belt) is nearly not noticable because its so quiet.
    The g27 is according to that loud as hell!
    The FFB is also more sensitive and accurate.

3 Collegues updated last month to the t500rs and some of them which had the Porsche wheel they said its a next step. It means the FFB is here even better then by the Porsche wheel.

So its better you safe the money and buy the t500.
    Its the better choice. Buy only once but for longer time. The waiting is worth it.

11. Sharjeel

Sharjeel
    Being 2nd is to be the 1st of the ones who lose. Premium

Ratings:
    +153
  12. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast

Ratings:
    +18
    You can chat with them, a little chat box pops up at bottom right, I spoke to a man called Raj and he says they only do 1 year warranty. More computers sells it for 30 pounds more however do 2 years warranty

13. Zero7159

Zero7159

Ratings:
    +17
    I prefer the T300 over the T500, it has smoother but still strong FFB. You also might want to look at the Fanatec CSL Elite with the P1 rim. Total cost is just over $400, but the performance is materially better than the T300. Stronger yet still smooth FFB with the superior Fanatec rim options.