Headt tracking...

I was curious to see if anyone was using a head tracking system?
I am looking at making my own IR tracking and use Free-Track software for $20 or so. Without spending the $140 for the TrackIR and find out it doesn't work.

Chime in. I'm interested in your ideas and if it works

Papy_Yosh

I spent the best part of two months trying to get Free Track/Facetrack noIR etc working with ETS2, never did manage it I'm afraid. Maybe I am just unlucky. There are stacks of videos on YT giving tips/ideas. About the best I can suggest I'm afraid.
Track IR worked straight out of the box, don't think I even needed to configure anything.
I have also heard good things about Track Hat, though I have no personal experience.

Just chiming in to mirror Insert Coins advice to get an EdTracker, running that through OpenTrack is rather hassle free, works wonderfully with ETS2, and is really useful when playing other sims too where as Facetrack NoIR etc. while functional will tend to operate at a delay and or loose tracking making them useless for racing/spacing/flight sims.

I use Facetrack NoIR and love driving with it. It amazes me that it works so well just reading my face with a simple webcam (Logitech C310) and without having to wear anything on my head. Also using it in Assetto Corsa and flying in FSX.

Thank you all for you replies,
I ended up using FacetrackNoIR. my issue initially was that I had a huge lag and no smooth transitions.
It came down to: me asking too much out of my gtx770 TI, and it wasn't coping with the 3x 27" LCD at 1080.
it could handle that on high and usual forward motion. But, the all scenery being moved left and right at once. That was too much!
I switched to a GTX1080 an guess what??
I can run everything in extra and do head tracking and it is flawless.
I'm not going back..
Thank you again for your inputs.

And remember... Sometime the problem can be you... You asking for too much. Not what equipment you have!!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back