1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Head movement.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Stelios, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Stelios

Premium Member

Evening all, i recently played some game stock car and i want to discuss something that i found really cool.

The head movement of the driver while in cockpit mode (duh)

I would love to know if there is any way to replicate the head movement of the driver in from games such as GSC Rfactor 2 in Assetto Corsa
    I really love the way the head moves with the g-forces, i just think it looks really really good. It also helps me understand what the car is doing better.

Before you mention Plugin Real Head Motion, let me tell you that i have tried it and
    1) it has a gazillion settings and
    2) after trying to tweak it, i couldn't replicate what i get in the previously mentioned games.
    3) Running it was a PITA since i had to launch a couple of apps

Maybe its improved now, but i surely prefer a 1st party solution or tweak...

Mod edit - Text edited to make the post clearer. As the thread was orginally moved from the Assetto forum to the GSC forum because it was mis-interpreted. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. for realheadmotion try this ini file

set plr file as suggested by realheadmotion creator and in vehicle's camera file (start with one as a test) find "cockpit" section (usually second) and change the below line to the respective values:

OrientationRate=(16, 999.000, 36)

oti apories steile mhnyma
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Sector3 Beta Tester

Can't argue with ya, I personally think it's one of the best under rated features in the game. It ties in with the ffb beautifully and gives you a great sense of what the cars doing

I simply copied the head motion file from a car in gsc and applied it to rfactor....worked fine....just over write or delete the rfactor head motion.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I have an issue with AC's car motion in driver fov, it looks like your on a boat... I too would like a real head motion locked to pov... The more violent the more immersive to me.

When I race cars in real life, my head moves a lot, after a race my neck is more sore than anything else... Truth be told, I've even tightened my hans (version with lateral support) to support my head for endurance racing... (Slightly resting my forehead in my helmet on straights) Some race cars are even so loud my eye balls vibrate at certain rpms... Combined with aggressive blister strips and it can be unsettling. But that might not make a very gamy feature...
    • Haha Haha x 4