Have reiza ceased to exist?

Calm down, Reiza have not ceased to exist.

07-minister.jpg

Sorry for the radio silence folks... It has indeed been a case of less talk, more work for the past few weeks.

We had a couple of issues to work out regarding the Steam releases but that has been sorted now, it should be coming along soon.

Work is still ongoing on development of both GSC and FTruck. So rest assured it´s all coming along rather nicely, if not as quickly as some might prefer :)

As the days go by, I'm wondering (as are we all I think.) when we are going to hear a word about the update.
I have 52 registered drivers in my league who ask me WHEN every day. I promote the game with the teaser videos Reiza posts to get new members among other things. It would now appear that more than half the updates shown in the videos will not be released with the next update! There are a number of small bugs that would make the game SO much better if they were fixed. But, we wait and hear nothing except for a video clip every few months.
I realize it takes time to update a game, but guys, first we thought it would be by Christmas, then early in the new year. It's February and still not a word.
Even if we could just get an idea what month or 3 months for that matter when we will get the update.
It's our game of choice for online racing and we REALLY would like to keep using it'
Could Reiza just let us know if we will get an update this year? The game feels incomplete.

Could Reiza just let us know if we will get an update this year? The game feels incomplete.

Incomplete in what sense exactly, relative to what? Does not strike as a fair criticism Kevin, it does everything it says on the tin. Imperfect maybe, but then what in life, let alone in gaming isn´t :)

We do not announce release dates for updates, like many indie developers (in simracing or otherwise) don´t. So if you thought it was due on christmas, it was not from anything we said. We understand the need for leagues to organize themselves, but that unfortunately does not play into our development capabilities. We move at the pace we can.

As for "not a word", you seem to have missed this - plenty of words there, and it clearly states Formula Truck 2013 first on Steam, then an updated GSC Extreme shortly after :)

So long story short, if you expect it to come out this month you probably will not be disappointed.

To put things in perspective folks: GSC Extreme was originally release in September 2013, and has had 3 major free updates since, including everything from extra content, to new features to bug fixes. That´s roughly one big update every 5 months. We are on the verge of another big update, with further coming. Who else is doing that for a single fee of US$ 29.90? We also delivered a free game sometime along that period. Yet somehow this thread was created a mere month after that game was released, which is telling.

We appreciate the claim for more ongoing communication and we´ve been moving to address that. But frankly the level of demand we´re picking up from the community lately kind of asks for a rethink of our strategy, which so far has been of supporting our titles to the best of our abilities free of charge for as long as it is financially viable, to maybe begin charging for these extras like pretty much every other developer is doing. That would certainly allow us to speed things up a bit...

Last edited:
To put things in perspective folks: GSC Extreme was originally release in September 2013, and has had 3 major free updates since, including everything from extra content, to new features to bug fixes. That´s roughly one big update every 5 months. Who else is doing that for a single fee of US$ 29.90? We also delivered a free game sometime along that period. Yet somehow this thread was created a mere month after that game was released, which is telling.

We appreciate the claim for more ongoing communication and we´ve been moving to address that. But frankly the level of demand we´re picking up from the community lately kind of asks for a rethink of our strategy, which so far has been of supporting our titles to the best of our abilities free of charge for as long as it is financially viable, to maybe begin charging for these extras like pretty much every other developer is doing. That would certainly allow us to speed things up a bit...
Renato, Reiza has been a shining light in a greedy corporate world. I would hope that the vast bulk of your customers agree. Your updates and added content have enhanced an already excellent game and are appreciated by the silent majority of the community. Couple that with the add on tracks by Patrick Girathon, AlfredoR and others are keeping it fresh until you do the updates. Basically I'm just saying thanks to you and your team.:thumbsup:

I agree, Reiza offers best bang for your buck, and when I bought it I expected no updates and I'd still have been happy. All the extra stuff is a wonderful gift I am happy to wait for.

Renato, Reiza has been a shining light in a greedy corporate world. I would hope that the vast bulk of your customers agree. Your updates and added content have enhanced an already excellent game and are appreciated by the silent majority of the community. Couple that with the add on tracks by Patrick Girathon, AlfredoR and others are keeping it fresh until you do the updates. Basically I'm just saying thanks to you and your team.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Kenny :) Just to be clear on our position as the previous message might have come accross as a little flippant - I wouldn´t say charging for updates and extra content is necessarily greedy, it´s a business model and one of the advantages of it is the adittional revenue flow to do more things, more quickly - not a bad thing as long as you don´t compromise your standards along the way. It just isn´t the model we adopted with GSC so far (and Formula Truck for that matter), yet it seems that somehow some people still expect us to keep pace with those charging XX many times more, which just isn´t realistic.

Yep, I think some people don't understand that this is a finished product. With so many sims being work in progress (ac, r3e, pcars - actually every "next" gen sim) some poeple seem to get used to the presence of frequent updates. I am very happy about the fact that gsce is a finished product and does everything it was made for. Yes - there could always be more and we are gifted with some more quality content, for which I say "thank you Reiza". :)

Just out of curiousity - is there anything planned about multiclass racing, once the metalmoro prototype is released?

Thanks for the kind words Kenny :) Just to be clear on our position as the previous message might have come accross as a little flippant - I wouldn´t say charging for updates and extra content is necessarily greedy, it´s a business model and one of the advantages of it is the adittional revenue flow to do more things, more quickly - not a bad thing as long as you don´t compromise your standards along the way. It just isn´t the model we adopted with GSC so far (and Formula Truck for that matter), yet it seems that somehow some people still expect us to keep pace with those charging XX many times more, which just isn´t realistic.
Renato, I wasn't suggesting that for a minute. What I was doing was congratulating you on not milking it for all your worth. It was a standalone compliment. I have no problems with the newer business model I have pCars and AC plus RRE and will quite happily purchase Reiza content, after all I want you to remain a sustainable resource for my racing needs.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back