Hands on the wheels; solution

One of the things that made me reluctant to migrate from F1C to RF was that I saw RF videos of mods that didn't have hands on the wheels... I've always raced driving in the first-person view, in the cockpit, after all, if I want to play in a simulator, there's no way to drive otherwise... Any other camera only reminds us of watching someone drive and it's just a game and not a simulator, right?!

Well, I only ended up migrating to RF when I spotted in one of these videos a mod that featured hands on the wheels! Well, as much as this is pretty cool, there were problems, since the technology of the F1C is still more advanced than that of the RF, because the hands and arms are actually connected to the pilot's body and there is a perfect movement! In the mod in question the arms raised too much and the attached image shows the problem.

I worked on understanding the problem and solving it and solving it. Recently I read some old post here on RD and saw that the problem that is very old was discussed by several pilots, but I did not see the solution presented by any of them ... Anyway, I would like to offer then what I have learned, but, look, this requires testing, as there is no standard formula to offer, but with patience everyone can get there.

The real secret is in the Z-axis/pivot that you can find in editing the object in 3dsimed on the TAGS button, as the figure indicates. In fact, you have to point to the middle of the object with the mouse arrow and see what value it indicates on the Z axis at the bottom of the 3dsimed (note that this value of the image "Z Value" when pointed the mouse arrow is where I thought it would be the center of the object, but the final value I found, through the tests was that of the image final value, noted in the TAGs). The value is approximately what you have to add to the pivot Z field . It may be that the value is not exactly this because it must be considered that the arms are part of the object and the center of this object is not the center of the steering wheel itself, but it is something very approximate and you have to go testing, if it does not work at first, approximate values until the arms enter this axis / pivot so that the arms make the right rotation so that it does not more appear above the eyes and no longer leak into the pilot's vision, as in the following image. Remember that the distance from the FOV is also part of this configuration, so also work in order to position this approach or distance so that everything fits.

Good luck to those who are seeking this solution!

Hugs

Attachments

• This is a problem.jpg
    This is a problem.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Value Z.jpg
    Value Z.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Value final.jpg
    Value final.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 34
  • This is good.jpg