1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hamilton to leave McLaren before end of the year?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Jack Acid, Jun 1, 2012.

1. If this is true, wow...
    via: crash

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Why would he jump ship before the end of the season? That is the best way not to become world champion, leaving early.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Bullshit alert!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Looks like someone is desperate for a few pageviews on their blog...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Haha I figured this would stir the pot...prior to season end certainly seems unlikely...

6. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Doesn't make too much sense. Screenshot or it didn't happen!

:)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bram

Bram

My trustworthy source told me that his source heard from his source that the source named in the article usually has lousy sources he quotes from = not true

• Like Like x 1
  8. But could the contact between Mclaren and Di Resta open a door for replacing Button?

9. Why should they replace Button or Hamilton with somebody like Di Resta?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Agree, Mclaren right now arguably has the strongest team of drivers right now.
    They don´t want to change that unless someone forces them to do that.

It should be interesting to see where he will go, if he goes.
    Vettel is commited to RBR, Alonso to Ferrari, Mercedes is not a team you would consider imo.

11. I heard somewhere that Hamilton will sign a new 5 year contract with McLaren for 100 mil pounds.

12. Bram

Bram

Yeah me too, 20 mil a year, not including personal sponsorship deal. Not bad for 22 races per year me thinks :)

13. 22? I thought they were 20. Hmm however he will earn more than the actors from Friens :D

14. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

That's what McLaren have offered him. Nothing has been accepted or rejected yet

15. Yep that's true but where can he go if he leaves? Ferrari won't take him, Red Bull too. Both teams won't destroy their peace because tbh I don't see how they'll tell Hamilton to maintain the gap to Vettel :D The only teams are Lotus and Mercedes but they both can't give him better car than McLaren.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bram

Bram

If he doesn't accept it fast, ill accept it. Will even do it for 19 million.

• Like Like x 1
  17. From Stefano in 2011,

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/...ton-pat-fry-and-red-bulls-use-of-team-orders/

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mercedes has openly acknowledged that Di Resta is high on their radar when Schumi goes. So clearly there is buzz about him, legit or not.

19. Anyone remember this ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. This one is slick, Hulkenberg and Webber :)

• Like Like x 3