Haas F1 Revised Livery Revealed Ahead of Monaco Grand Prix

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Haas F1 Revised Livery 3.jpg

The Haas Formula One team have revised the livery of the two Hass VF17 Ferrari cars ahead of next weekends Monaco Grand Prix.

In a departure from the traditional livery scheme seen throughout its debut last season and in the early races of 2017, Haas have added yet more grey to the car in replacement of the previous red highlights seen during rounds one to four this year. The new shades of grey will be present on the car from Monaco onwards, with no further changes expected before the conclusion of this seasons Grand Prix year.

"It is for the whole year now,” confirmed team principal Guenther Steiner of the revised design.

“With the change in the size of the numbers and its positioning, we looked into making the entire car a little more visible.”

“It’s a styling upgrade for a locale where upgraded style is a way of life,” added Haas in a statement.
Hass continue to impress Formula One insiders with the speed in which the American outfit have adapted to life in the Grand Prix fast lane. Scoring 29 points in their debut season with talented Frenchman Romain Grosjean and Ferrari tester and former Sauber driver Esteban Gutiérrez behind the wheel, 2017 has seen a similar level of form by the team in a second year that is often regarded as more difficult than the initial introduction to the sport. So far in 2017 Grosjean and new teammate Kevin Magnussen have wrapped up three top ten finishes and nine championship points between them, with much more potential within the car than the current finishing record suggests.

The new scheme, with its new lack of red flashings, marks a visual change of direction for the team looking to make itself more visible on the Grand Prix grid. Ok perhaps something more catching than grey would help with that, but paint colours aside, Haas continue to impress and help put American engineering on the map in modern day Formula One...

Haas F1 Revised Livery 2.jpg
Haas F1 Revised Livery.jpg

Check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions around the world of Grand Prix racing.

Liking the new colours? Would Haas be better served with a more striking colour scheme? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thank God !
Now they look rather decent. In fact...
they come a long way from way back to one of the best looking car in F1 2017 season.
Change helmet design is a no-no, change entire car livery? Sure, no problems :whistling:
Yeah I was thinking the same but...
Why not once in a season, for both !? :geek:
Beside... hush they look much better now. :D

These sponsor issues with some of the cars is strange ,

Personally I would get my PR Guy to contact lets say ,
Not too famous companies , What cant really afford any TV ads or ads on billboards ect ect ,
Anyways not a massive known business , but heard of ,

And do some kind of deal for shares in the business ,
Then just design the entire livery around this company ,
I am sure racing in all these countries around the world and been on TV around the world in even more countries ,
I am sure someone would be curious to at least google it lol ,
Would be great for the business and the shares you get would be very fruitful indeed :D

Designer: You cant make livery worse with a touch of white
HAAS: Hold my beer

but seriously it makes for even more boring livery than it was, the red parts actualy made it look a bit better, more colourfull now its just like 2015/16 McLaren

"F1 needs more gray and black cars." - No one ever

It's one thing that Haas painted the cars to market CNC mills in Europe, but do we really need it to be gray and black?

It'd look better with them as silver highlights like the old 2006-2014 McLaren Mercedes instead of a lighter shade of gray, maybe just on the rear wings to give it more contrast, it looks to much like the 2013-2014 Sauber now.
Any word on if McLaren going to invert the black and white?
honda0-981b5a44-ba80-4693-8db6-08ef84a8219b_800-jpg.193081

Last edited:
Is this rule still active? I thought Liberty was going to get rid of the "no changing helmet design" rule.
Where'd you hear that? I'd love to see it go away - it makes no sense whatsoever, especially with Haas being freely allowed to change their entire livery like that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back