Guess The Song

Okay, my turn:
1st He wants to know who has won..................;)
2nd Hint: You can find them on the ocean. But they are not made out of steel....;) ;) ;)

Yep. Well...nearly. It's a hint to the name of the song itself. Easy, isn't it ?
And as you know: I love all stuff that has been played at Woodstock ;)

Thanks to your tip! Great taste :D
there are soooo many songs outthere and it's pretty hard to remember anything related to a sentence like that, even though you know it has to do with the lyrics.

Woodstock is quite specific and AWESOME aswell. Oh man, what a lineup... Richie Havens, Jefferson Airplane, Creedence Clearwater Reviaval, The Who, Santana and Mr Hendrix + xxx
:D

Really should take some time and listen to each song played there. Discovering new music.

Anyway, your tip brought made me look up the whole lineup and i saw Crosby, Stills & Nash. Who made that song called Wooden Ships. That lay on the ocean ground but are not made of steel obviously. Cause they are wooden :p

I have really much music i occasionally listen to but don't really know he lyrics, so i looked that one up aswell and what should i say:

There's just one thing I got to know
Can you tell me please who won?

:D

Yep. You have won...:) :) Yes, Woodstock. Just amazing.
Wooden Ships - CSNY Lyrics

WOODSTOCK '69 FRIDAY Part 1:

Sometimes it's realy good to be older than the rest. :)

This 1980's song has been remixed for the charts three times. The latest was in 2011, but there was a legal battle in 2005 over the rights to the song, leading to two different remixes of the same song appearing in the charts at the same time.

What is the original song, who is it by, and can you name the three artists who did the remixes, and what their respective songs were called.

First thing that came into my mind is Infinity by the Guru Josh. It was featured on my very first cassette. But i believe it was a song from the early 90s.

Was remixed in 2008 and 2012 and was quite popular again.

But looking at your info that can't be the song you are searching, as i said, had that song in my mind right after i read it. First thought

Last edited:
First thing that came into my mind is Infinity by the Guru Josh. It was featured on my very first cassette. But i believe it was a song from the early 90s.

Was remixed by Kin 2008 and 2012 and was quite popular again.

But looking at your info that can't be the song you are searching, as i said, had that song in my mind right after i read it. First thought
I love Infinity 2008, and I never realised it was a remix of a 1990 song! Thanks for that.

Second thought:
Axel F. The song from Harold Faltermayer, liked it as a child. Wasn't it featured in a Beverly Hills Cop movie?

Was really popular when it was remixed in 2005 by "Crazy Frog". I remember that ringtone-songs were insanely popular at that time and Crazy Frog's Axel F was THE **** for some people.

Don't know if it was remixed again, it was remixed quite often as far as i know.
At least on this guess the date of the original is fitting as the date of one Remix.

Good thinking, but there was no legal challenge against the Frog due to the rights to the song, neither another Axel F version in the charts then or in 2011.

I love Infinity 2008, and I never realised it was a remix of a 1990 song! Thanks for that.
Don't take it personal, but i think its a bit sad that it seems that todays youth mostly only hears what is played on the radio, which i consider most of the time music produced by people who want to earn money with it. Making business. And there are so many songs beeing recycled again, just putting the electronic vibes under it that are popular during that time and voila - You have a hit. And it seems almost noone even knows the originals.
Just a general thought.
I just love music and search for new music whenever i can, different genres, different eras. Just hard to find the real good stuff when you weren't alive during that period of time.

Whereas I'm completely the opposite, it sometimes takes a song to perform well in the charts for me to turn around and like it. There are a lot of songs I never knew were covers, or are filled with samples, but now I've been buying music for 11 years, I am starting to hear songs sampling or covering songs I know. Examples include Alesso's "Cool" (Which is a top 3 song for me), which sampled a 2010 Kylie Minogue song, which I recognised instantly. Another example is the recent Calum Scott song "Dancing on my Own", a (much worse) cover of a Robyn song from a few years back.

I often prefer the remakes of older songs because I prefer the dance and uptempo beat, such as the recent remix of Bob Marley's "Is this Love"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back