1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Guardrails & fences

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Emery, Dec 17, 2009.

1. I need a guardrail and chainlink fence (separate). Anyone have a tutorial on creating them? Anyone have a collection of them assembled as an XPack?

For the guardrail, my most immediate need is the garden-variety USA roadside style, galvanized double outdent attached to big square wood posts soaked in creosote.

For the chainlink fence, it should be galvanized 6' tall with toprail.

Many thanks

2. zaxxon, thanks! Very well done! How did you make them?

The USA style are similar to your single-band, so it looks like I'll be grabbing them and modifying the posts. Rather than burying the end, they usually have a rounded nose, like the bottom rail of your double-band.

3. I made them with sketchup, exported to collada format and imported with XPacker. You can use the sketchup files of the double-band guardarail to create your own rounded end.

4. Hello, I'm using this guardrail, but for some reason, the textures only show up from the reverse side...not the front. And you can freely drive through it. It just looks like a bunch of posts in the ground. :(

5. Ahhh...nevermind...I see why. I only downloaded the RBR versions. Thanks!

6. Open xpacker and set these materials as "double sided".

7. How about putting this in the download section? It could be popular and useful :)

8. Added to downloads section.