1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GTRe servers-where in the world?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Tim Ling, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Coming back to RD I've found that the GTRe server pings are now up in the 200's, apart from 1 server, with a 40+ ping. I'm assuming that the RD servers are now situated in the US rather than the UK. Otherwise I'll have to have a chat with O2 to find out wtf they're doing with my connection!

2. I have the same ping over here. But 200 ping is not bad because i had alot of races with this ping and had never lag. :)

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Eric is running the US servers and our EU servers are located in The Netherlands, not in the UK :)

From Europe the US servers have a high ping, but the EU ones should give you a low ping..

4. what Bram said... and 200 really isnt a bad ping as it doesnt create any lags:)

5. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

No worries, just puzzled really. I normally get a 50-100 ping to European servers no matter what I play.

6. May be worth checking your connection. In the lobby I usually get pings of 33-50 to the EU RD servers.

7. I could only dream of getting ping that low from South Africa...:(