Resource icon

Misc GTR2 XD 2.16 + Map Plugin 2018-10-20

Login or Register an account to download this content
Felixeur submitted a new resource:

GTR2 XD 2.16 + Map Plugin - XD + Map Plugin Together working properly - OG Credits to Plugins developed by Fazerbox

With NoGripRacing down for a while. I decided to upload XD 2.16 + Map using the latest XD Version since I had lots of trouble getting both to work together. The DrivingItalia Link no longer works properly.

ALTERNATE LINK

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cswwd6zznapr6bq/GTR2_XD_2.16_+_Map_Plugin.zip

INSTALLATION

========

Unzip files in GTR2 Folder

With Notepad Edit [your driver].plr and set:

Write Shared Memory="1"

Update [your driver].PLR file - Enable Telemetry Infos...

Read more about this resource...

is the map position and display adjustable? I'd like to move it from its current position as its almost right in the middle of the screen. Also, it seems to me the map had different display options rather than only the entire track outline. I thought it used to be more focussed to the immediate area you were approaching and also showed elevation changes. Perhaps this is wrong and I apologize as this was from a few years back.

is the map position and display adjustable? I'd like to move it from its current position as its almost right in the middle of the screen. Also, it seems to me the map had different display options rather than only the entire track outline. I thought it used to be more focussed to the immediate area you were approaching and also showed elevation changes. Perhaps this is wrong and I apologize as this was from a few years back.

They are all adjustable. You look in Plugins\Maps\mapconfig.txt

XD can be adjusted with the XD.ini, which is in the GTR2 directory and created the first time you start it up properly.

Try fiddling with the numpad keys in game. I haven't figured out the keys fully yet. I know Numpad 0 changes the mode (fixed, rotation, etc...)

The map plugin shows the sectors and position of everyone on the track on the map, not elevation change...

You can also change the way the map is displayed.

thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try.

The Numpad 0 didn't change anything other than turning the map on and off unfortunately

Last edited:
Strange, Phil .... but I'd bet you only tried this Numpad 0 only in entry view of the car in game in the pits.
At this place, right ..Numpad 0 is only on-off .... but on track it shuffles between different views ... and only 1 of them is OFF.
And I didn't change anything in the map config file.

On track, at each Numpad 0 stroke ... the order is: Fix - Mobile - Rotation - Linear - OFF... and back to Fix .... etc...

I found this from an older version...
GTR2 Map Plugin Version 1.08
Configuration - KeysModify the text file GTR2/Plugins/Map/Mapconf.txt to change a lots of Plugin Parameters.
KEYS
NUMPAD_0 Changes Map Mode: OFF, FIX, MOBILE and ROTATION
CTRL + NUMPAD_0 To change from IMAGES mode to DOTS and viceversa
NUMPAD_DOT To Zoom In MAP
CTRL + NUMPAD_DOT To Zoom Out MAP
ALT + <ARROWS>> To move Map On Screen
ALT + NUMPAD_DOT To Show/Unshow Frame (Box) around Map
PAUSE Show Driver Names
SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW Increase Width
SHIFT + LEFT ARROW Decrease Width
SHIFT + UP ARROW Increase Height
SHIFT + DOWN ARROW Decrease Height
SHIFT + PAUSE Reset Map Position (In pit)
SHIFT + PAUSE Shows Extra Race Info as Fuel, Position, Laps (In Race)
ALT + PAUSE Pass from unique color to different color for each sector
ALT + s Show Window to send Car Setup File

The thing is, the Numpad0 still only turns the map on or off. It doesn't change modes for me.

Or it's a settings problem, or maybe you're using another mod using this D3D9.dll ....
( for example a HDR mod ... as in my own install ).

I suppose you're using GTR2 DVD version and not the Steam one ? ....
I also suppose you're starting GTR2 with administrator rights ?

If you wish, send me more at our private place. ;) ... I might have a look at your problem.
I know some had problems with it and it could be solved by one or other solution. ( mostly the Steam version made more problems ).
It's not a Win10 problem as it happened also with Win7 sometimes.

NB: my GTR2 installs are not in my SSD Program Files but on my second drive and before it was installed at the root of C:/ ... and Map + XD always worked perfectly.

Last edited:
I can't get the map to even show up. The dll configuration is proper, edited .plr file to "1", changed PLR file name to "enable telemetry infos" (which changed the nam of a G?? file above the .plr to "enable telemetry infos")then back to my name. I appear to have Motec but no map, telemetry, opponent info or anything. I'm using the Kolschbude mod because I can't get online with the 10th Anniversary mod after trying EVERYthing. I am out of ideas.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I would like to add something about XD dll. It works fine but when you read a replay the num pad 0 has two fonctions: to turn the map display (as during the race) and also to play slow motion. So I changed 0 to 1 in Mapconf.txt and the command of the map don't interfere with every press on the replay key.
CTRL + NUMPAD_DOT To Zoom Out MAP is not a problem because NUMPAD_DOT "alone" activate a kind of super slow motion.

Or it's a settings problem, or maybe you're using another mod using this D3D9.dll ....
( for example a HDR mod ... as in my own install ).

I suppose you're using GTR2 DVD version and not the Steam one ? ....
I also suppose you're starting GTR2 with administrator rights ?

If you wish, send me more at our private place. ;) ... I might have a look at your problem.
I know some had problems with it and it could be solved by one or other solution. ( mostly the Steam version made more problems ).
It's not a Win10 problem as it happened also with Win7 sometimes.

NB: my GTR2 installs are not in my SSD Program Files but on my second drive and before it was installed at the root of C:/ ... and Map + XD always worked perfectly.
Sorry for my ignorance, I just installed gtr2 and this mod: it works for me. thanks
... but I like to take pictures, and to deactivate the hud I press the "3" key twice, press "0" on the numpad and turn off the map, but I CANNOT turn off the telemetry (temps, drivers, times ... things that this mod brings) .... in fact I don't find any guide to change the "screens" of the telemetry ... or in the "xd" page there is a key map.
thx

I don't know the number code for all keyboards .... and it depends on your own keyboard.
In the XD.ini ... there are 2 links: one for english keyboard and one for german keyboard ....
All I know is for a belgian keyboard .... the XD default one "220" that's the "µ" one .....

So .... if I were you, if it's difficult to find for which key of your own keyboard this number is meant ..... try all keys :roflmao: ... you'll finally find it: with this key, 1st stroke changes to the settings display and the next stroke will stop the XD display ..... and a new stroke afterwards will make it reappear.

Sorry not to give you a better answer. ;)

I don't know the number code for all keyboards .... and it depends on your own keyboard.
In the XD.ini ... there are 2 links: one for english keyboard and one for german keyboard ....
All I know is for a belgian keyboard .... the XD default one "220" that's the "µ" one .....

So .... if I were you, if it's difficult to find for which key of your own keyboard this number is meant ..... try all keys :roflmao: ... you'll finally find it: with this key, 1st stroke changes to the settings display and the next stroke will stop the XD display ..... and a new stroke afterwards will make it reappear.

the "|" key (The one on the LEFT of the 1 key of the ALPHANUMERIC keypad, or if I understand better: the one ABOVE the TABULATION (TAB) key) is the one that changes the telemetry menus and also turns them off. :)

the "|" key (The one on the LEFT of the 1 key of the ALPHANUMERIC keypad, or if I understand better: the one ABOVE the TABULATION (TAB) key) is the one that changes the telemetry menus and also turns them off. :)

Fine you finally found them ! :thumbsup: ....
Funny finally that you found them on the left .... mine is on the right of the keyboard ( the one just above the right "Shift" on the left of the "Enter" )
Yours is easier to find without mistake ... but just under the Esc !? ... easier in private ... on a server, that's rather dangerous if you miss this key and push Esc in the place ! :roflmao:

I have a retail version of the game and I'm having trouble with the map. XD itself works fine but the map CTDs the game when keyboard key is pressed. I've tried reassigning the key but it will continue to CTD the game. Any ideas?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.