I'm strictly a PC man. I already own a really nice one; why go out and buy a console? IMHO, PC MUST outperform a console.

My PC is good for hunderds of uses, a console has two-

1. gameplay

2. doorstop

The only touring car series I would really like to see is BTCC
but GTR has nothing to do with that so I would already be very happy if there was a Porsche(/ferari)-cup in it.
although due to licensing issues I have no high hopes for it...

I never owned a console cause it lacks a decent steering device like mouse or keyboard
I hate gamepads! And then there is the fact that every decent simgame is often dumbed down for consoles
(not that I'm good at playing them but I'm not the COD or NFS type of guy)

Wow, some really strong opinions in this thread and lots of ignorance too!

Both PC and consoles have a place in ANY "gamers" life. I don't understand the tribalism when it comes to these arguments as there are plenty of reasons to own both a gaming PC and console IF you can afford and/or justify the cost. The PC and consoles both have great platform exclusive games to play and while the PC is the superior choice for racing simulations (better hardware choices, free add-ons, better online community) there are still quite a number of quality racing games for the consoles.

Race Pro suffered from Atari being the publisher, a publisher who clearly pushes games out before they are finished. Doubt me? Ask the remaining employees of Eden Games what they think of Atari. TDU2 is a complete mess and so was Race Pro.

Cheers.

Last console I owned was SNES :). Ever since then, PC games exclusively. If I had some extra money, I'd upgrade my PC, and then buy a console if I had any left :D. I'm sure they're heaps of fun.

The only issue I have against consoles are the shoddy game developers and their shoddy games watered down to accommodate all possible platforms (wanted to say dumbed :tongue:). Mass Effect was the last ported game that pleasantly surprised me. Before that, KotOR I think, LOL. Practically everything else I tried was god-awful and annoying to use for me.

Also, I think I recently read that Crysis 2 looked worse than Crysis, because the graphics had to be held back so the game would work for the consoles.

So, no, I wouldn't approve of a console version of any game by default. If it was developed separately, or adapted from an originally PC-only game, sure, but that just doesn't happen.

Personal, perhaps slightly bigoted opinion :tongue:

I personally like the new GT1 series (although not really endurance anymore). Another good series is the Blancpain Endurance Series which uses GT3 and GT4 cars and includes the 24 hours of Spa, although it is not very well known and so I don't think this is going to get put in the game. I believe Simbin should stick to endurance racing which is what made GTR and GTR2 so great, so I agree that the LMS and ALMS should be included, with the 24 hour of Le Mans

I would like to see faster pit times as they are in F1 and ALMS. I was watching the European GP.......Vettle, Hamilton and the guys were doing 3.7 sec. pit stops.

As a younger guy I thought there's no point in consoles because they're only for gaming, now I see otherwise. It's much cheaper to have a console and a basic PC, than constantly upgrading to have a high-end PC. I think racing games could be fine for consoles as soon as there's a decent racing wheel, and we all know the Fanatec wheels are great so I think there's. All other things depend on programming.

Back to the question: I would like to see a Simbin game coming to consoles.

Ah yes - the 'you have to keep upgrading' myth again - for that's what it is: a myth. I haven't touched my system's performance apart from a new HDD (which was bought for storage of course) - yet I'm running all the latest games including F1 2010 at high levels.

GTR3 - must be GT cars surely!

I wouldn't have a problem in they have their own "fantasy" series and fit the best of the real-life series cars and tracks into it. Perhaps with an easier to understand classification system. :)

Night racing is a must. GT3, GT2, GT1 and real liveries. Australian Supercars V8's, DTM series and tracks. ALMS, Le Mans, and SPEED world challenge. Console developed with XBOX 360, preferably. Please for the love of God include Pit Crews and virtual Garage. Adds so much to the game that is lacking in GTR evolution. Active Career mode would be nice to see. Team management and primary and secondary drivers graduated scale depending on race style and results. In regards to which teams would be interested in you testing for them. You know what I mean.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.