GTR 2

Robert Wrote: "hetfield2k Lambo -> 30 % finished, I hope you like green"

hehe of course I do, it's the officially recognised colour of bogies - my favourite. hmm, salty.

St. Patrick's Day (Ireland's Patron Saint) coming up on 17th March, it'd be great to tear around Mondello Park in a green Lambo. Sweet!

InterlagosRPMLambo.jpg

hehe I doubt a bike mod would ever come to GTR2 but fingers crossed! However, there is a full recreation of the IsleOfMan circuit on the PS2
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/isleofmanttsuperbikes/review.html

Yeah Joey Dunlop was a riding legend close to my family's heart... my mother knew him from the Ulster Grand Prix, NorthWest200 (so named because it was thought impossible to break 200mph on the circuit - until last year!) and the IsleOfManTT and i still have alot of family members linked to the IOM TT, NW200 and U GP racing scene in which his brother Robert still races.

I spent one summer living and working on the IsleOfMan and worked with a guy who watched Joey race the TT.... he managed to get "backstage" at the pits and meet Joey, who gave him his scratched racing helmet - apparently there's a tight right hander just before the start-finish straight that Joey would hug so tightly in races that he would often scratch his helmet on the wall on the inside of the corner.
The guy had balls of steel and that's what you needed to consistently win the IsleOfManTT - a 38mile road course with deadly brick walls and trees right next to the road as well as unpredictable road surfaces along it's length in which it's a regular occurence for racers to die in crashes. What a guy Joey was!

If you guys EVER get the chance to watch an Isle Of Man TT race be it in person or on television, please do. They're exhilarating - especially with the onboard cameras.

http://www.iomtt.com/

• MalmstEEn[RTS]

hetfield2k said:
damn that's some nasty driving in the top video. is that your own replay? If it is I'll know to give you a wide berth when I see you online!

no dude, It is not mine. [-X

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 39 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 34 11.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 38 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 105 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 176 57.9%