GTR 1 - FIA GT Racing Game

Well, GTR1 arrived today. Will see if it works. Maybe I'll try the code and leave the box sealed as a collector. Thanks for the info David! I'll see if I can get a race or two online one of these days. :)

In the UK version, the code was printed on a credit card like card - 4 groups of 7 digits/letters.

To get the free copy, go to the "games" menu in steam and choose activate a product on steam ...

enter the online code leaving out the dashes.

Thanks Dave. I'll try that. I just spent almost 2 hours trying to run it from the disc installation. Starforce issues. Blocking advice forums were arrogant, unhelpful and the download sites were questionable. Burned outta 5 bucks. :)

Tried the 25 character code inside the game jewel case: without dashes, with, with just spaces and no dashes. Nothing. Incorrect code error. Having a hard time even finding a "no cd" patch download link that doesn't set off a virus alarm. I appreciate your time David. I have options on console and GPL on PC. But I was eager to run GTR. Oh well, time will tell. Thanks again David.

Im not going to give you any direct links but I used the method found on gamecopyworld to get it to run on a windows 7 box.. It requires a crack and the unpacking of the game. I was told that some ppl managed to bin there entire system trying to do that. So use it at youre own risk!!

For me it worked out fine..

Im not going to give you any direct links but I used the method found on gamecopyworld to get it to run on a windows 7 box.. It requires a crack and the unpacking of the game. I was told that some ppl managed to bin there entire system trying to do that. So use it at youre own risk!!

For me it worked out fine..

The problem is starforce and win7 (they don't like each other) not the gamecopy world files. If you use this method when you install GTR you mustn't reboot when it asks you to, and you must use the starforce removal tool (which comes with GTR) to remove starforce. You can then use the gamecopy world files. The gamecopy world files are cracked and unpacked - you don't need to do this.

Thanks Terry and David. Gamecopy World sparks a window sized warning. I'd rather not go there. So, if I understand David correctly, there's a Starforce bypass packaged with the game. Something I can find in the game folder?

Sorry for the late reply. Its not a bypass package but a removal tool for removing starforce from your pc. But the disc version of GTR will not run without Starforce, you would need the game-copy world download.

You may feel you've spent enough on this but GTR is now back on sale on steam. This will run on a win7 system without patches/downloads etc.

Oh well. It's ok. That was more of an itch I tried to scratch until I got my "gamable" PC. I was just trying to run that on an old Dell with low specs. Picked up my PC on Sunday. AMD A-10 @3.7, 12gig with house graphics at 758mb. Enough to run my Steam library of Race07, Victory:TAoR, GTL, and of course GTR2. Added RaceRoom. GTL won't launch but the other 3 have.
I sincerely appreciate the time you took David. Blessings to you.
My Steam I'd is: roist1

Reviving this super old thread as there is no proper subsection for this - does anybody know or have some GTR1 mods? I'm trying to find the Nordschleife for it. I remember I had "The Mother" way back in the day.
I thought the internet doesn't forget - apparently, it does! :D

Hello everyone,
Has anyone managed to get GTR running on Windows 10/11?
The game installs itself but when I try to run it, it tells me that I don't have a compatible OS.
I tried also to run the exe with the compatibility mode set to Windows XP Service Pack 3 but nothing.
I have the CD.
I don't have another PC where I can install Windows XP.
I'm looking for a solution or someone who tells me definitively that it can't be done. :D

Go through this thread, maybe it works
Thanks, but I tried to set the parameters in the .ini file for that error that I was also having (GTR 3D CONFIGURATION - HARDWARE ERROR - Insufficiente video memory detected. A minimum of 32 MB of free memory required.) and I resolved it.
But I have the same error as before when I'm trying to launch GTR.exe (see screenshot)
Translation of the screenshot: This application works only on Microsoft Windows 95, etc. operating systems

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements