1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

GTR 1 - FIA GT Racing Game

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by niceone0267, Feb 29, 2008.

1. niceone0267

niceone0267

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the GTR FIA GT first version. The game runs ok when in practice mode but when I launch challenge mode it crashes. I downloaded the updates and It still crashes. Also I can't select other cars and it won't save my steering set ups. Every time a start a race I have to re-enter the settings for my controller. Can someone help? thanks

2. Sven De Nys

Sven De Nys

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't own GTR 1 so I'm afraid I can't help, but I'm sure that there are members around here that will be able to help you out !

3. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,287
    What operating system are you using? Vista?

4. niceone0267

niceone0267

Ratings:
    +0
    no windows xp. my video card is geforce 6600 le 256mb. my pc has 1024 mb of memory and i have pentium dual processor at 3000mhz.

5. leobp

leobp

Ratings:
    +0
    is the simbin lobby on line for the gtr1 game off?

Could someone say what´s happening on simbin server for the gtr1 game? I can´t lobby the racestation... the message is always "could not connect to the server"...

thanks

Leonardo

6. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,287
    I havent got the game installed anymore so i can't check. Since when is this message displaying?

7. leobp

leobp

Ratings:
    +0
    since one month ago perhaps, but before I played everyday on lobby... I sent mails to lots of sites, foruns, simbin, but noone answer or have na explanation about it...

thanks for your interesting because I´m from Brazil and here the dealer here (moving editor) also doesn´t know what´s happening because they don´t sale more the game...

we keep contact

Leonardo

8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +170
    Hi Leonardo.

Have you installed a 3rd party app like a new firewall or set up a new internet connection recently?

In other words, did you change anything to your computer that might be the cause of your problem?

GTR 1 isn't very played any more since GTR 2 came out, so it might be difficult to know if the problem is only for you or if the lobby is completely down.

9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +170
    As a general remark, what I can find on the web is a part of the GTR .plr file that gives info on ports that have to be open to be able to race online:

So make sure you have that range of ports open in your firewall / router settings: from 1025 to 65535

Also, have a go at trying to disable your firewall to see if it changes anything.

10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +170
    Ok, this was the GTR1 lobby that was down.

It's now back online.

11. leobp

leobp

Ratings:
    +0
    gtr game lobby is on again

everybody thanks for the interesting... early morning Simbin reply my mail and they fixed the lobby... I have tested yet...

see u on track

Leonardo

12. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,287
    I reported it to them once i saw your post here leopb, glad its up again.. Seems to have to do something with an ip-change.

13. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    wow GTR still going good?

14. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel
    Honk - Forum Games Moderator

Ratings:
    +103
    Hi folks. I have a similar problem with GTR2 too. When i'm in the game, i loose lobby connection every few seconds or minutes, then re-connecting and loosing again. Also, when i join a race, it takes a short time and i'm out. I even switched off my firewall, but the problem still exists. It maybe takes a little longer time, but nevertheless i'm out. I uninstalled the game, installed it again, but it didn't help. I'm very sad about that i can't play it.

15. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,671
    Did you try Ramon's Lobby Fix Thomas ? :smile:

16. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel

Ratings:
    +103
    If it is at downloads/gtr2/Miscellaneous the first download, yes. but it didn't help.

17. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,287
  18. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel

Ratings:
    +103
    I'll try, when i'm at home, next weekend. Thx, Bram.

19. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel

Ratings:
    +103
    Yesterday, i installed the lobby-fix-patch, and had a complete evening without loosing connection.
    So it seems, that it works.
    Now, i have only several servers, which i can't join,because of modified tracks, and several servers where i get kicked, and it seems this depends on car-mods or wrong cars on server installed.

additional question:
    Is/are there any further game-update patch/-es?

20. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,287
    For GTR1 you mean?