1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GTR 1 - FIA GT Racing Game

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by niceone0267, Feb 29, 2008.

1. I bought the GTR FIA GT first version. The game runs ok when in practice mode but when I launch challenge mode it crashes. I downloaded the updates and It still crashes. Also I can't select other cars and it won't save my steering set ups. Every time a start a race I have to re-enter the settings for my controller. Can someone help? thanks

2. I don't own GTR 1 so I'm afraid I can't help, but I'm sure that there are members around here that will be able to help you out !

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

What operating system are you using? Vista?

4. no windows xp. my video card is geforce 6600 le 256mb. my pc has 1024 mb of memory and i have pentium dual processor at 3000mhz.

5. is the simbin lobby on line for the gtr1 game off?

Could someone say what´s happening on simbin server for the gtr1 game? I can´t lobby the racestation... the message is always "could not connect to the server"...

thanks

Leonardo

6. Bram

Bram

I havent got the game installed anymore so i can't check. Since when is this message displaying?

7. since one month ago perhaps, but before I played everyday on lobby... I sent mails to lots of sites, foruns, simbin, but noone answer or have na explanation about it...

thanks for your interesting because I´m from Brazil and here the dealer here (moving editor) also doesn´t know what´s happening because they don´t sale more the game...

we keep contact

Leonardo

8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Hi Leonardo.

Have you installed a 3rd party app like a new firewall or set up a new internet connection recently?

In other words, did you change anything to your computer that might be the cause of your problem?

GTR 1 isn't very played any more since GTR 2 came out, so it might be difficult to know if the problem is only for you or if the lobby is completely down.

9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

As a general remark, what I can find on the web is a part of the GTR .plr file that gives info on ports that have to be open to be able to race online:

So make sure you have that range of ports open in your firewall / router settings: from 1025 to 65535

Also, have a go at trying to disable your firewall to see if it changes anything.

10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

Ok, this was the GTR1 lobby that was down.

It's now back online.

11. gtr game lobby is on again

everybody thanks for the interesting... early morning Simbin reply my mail and they fixed the lobby... I have tested yet...

see u on track

Leonardo

12. Bram

Bram

I reported it to them once i saw your post here leopb, glad its up again.. Seems to have to do something with an ip-change.

13. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

wow GTR still going good?

14. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel
    Honk - Forum Games Moderator

Hi folks. I have a similar problem with GTR2 too. When i'm in the game, i loose lobby connection every few seconds or minutes, then re-connecting and loosing again. Also, when i join a race, it takes a short time and i'm out. I even switched off my firewall, but the problem still exists. It maybe takes a little longer time, but nevertheless i'm out. I uninstalled the game, installed it again, but it didn't help. I'm very sad about that i can't play it.

15. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Did you try Ramon's Lobby Fix Thomas ? :smile:

16. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel

If it is at downloads/gtr2/Miscellaneous the first download, yes. but it didn't help.

17. Bram

Bram

18. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel

I'll try, when i'm at home, next weekend. Thx, Bram.

19. Thomas Hackel

Thomas Hackel

Yesterday, i installed the lobby-fix-patch, and had a complete evening without loosing connection.
    So it seems, that it works.
    Now, i have only several servers, which i can't join,because of modified tracks, and several servers where i get kicked, and it seems this depends on car-mods or wrong cars on server installed.

additional question:
    Is/are there any further game-update patch/-es?

20. Bram

Bram

For GTR1 you mean?