1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTL Racing Club This Week / 24

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 9, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Lets see who can tame these American beast's with their big loud pedal :)

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

We have nice open track to put the pedal on LOUD:roflmao:

4. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Can't make the Monza's :( But I'm looking forward to the Rocco's! :D
    The times and the racing was so close last week, brilliant fun

5. Roland

Roland
    Premium Member

These should be great! Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I hope to see the green hell return soon with some RWD cars! The Mercury event will be epic! :D

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

I cant see the fascination with the track, It leads to lonely racing and lots of crashes,
    Great when you on your own but for me it not good for multilayer. If you look at how many people actually finish the races it usually less than half the field with apologies being made for knocking somebody of track. I don't even know if there is a legal version for GTL:) ...
    So for me its a track we wont use..
    maybe a time trial event but that it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Its a fantastic track Rupe, because its so hard to overtake you will get groups of cars involved in very close racing, and I dont think there are that many crashes usually. Even if you are lonely its still great because its such an awesome track to just drive. You should do some laps in GTR evo, im sure you will fall in love once you get to know the track

9. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

There is no doubt its a great track, :)
    But for club events it can cause problems,
    We try to pick tracks that you can turn up on the night and be able to drive after 20 mins of practice,
    It takes a long time to get to know the track which can put allot of people off entering the event ,
    The Endurance races we run are on tracks that can be learnt quite quickly, and as your doing lap after lap you can improve your time through the event. and a pit stop can add to the fun
    this is not the case with the green hell,
    For a few drivers its a great track but for many its a short night of racing..:( As they try to keep up with guys who have done many laps of the track. I have to look at all my drivers when picking tracks and cars for club races.
    I test each track and car for the events doing a number of laps looking for possible problems. It has to be hard enough for the good drivers to keep them interested but also not to hard that you cant feel competitive if you just turn up on the night. At times it a fine line to get it correct and provide fun for all.:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Guus Verver :)
    I have found a 1970 NORDSCHLEIFE found HERE and will look at doing a time trail event on it
    leave it up for a set time to see what interest we get. Won't be for a couple of weeks though giving you a chance to try it out and get a feel for the car
    I am thinking Porsche 934-5 found HERE

I will post details when i have it ready :)

• Like Like x 1

11. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: great car choice aswell. But I dont think a time trial will appeal to many people, what about just having a race event? with the race07 club the races on Nordschleife usually attract very large (20+) grids and I cant think of a reason why it wouldnt be like this in GTL. Time trial just isnt as much fun as a race event.

12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

it gives a chance for people to try the track in there spare time, Get on the server maybe drive with guys that can show them the way in a relaxed way..
    We often post when where on the servers so we could end up with a few on and it all can start form there..
    We already have the Series and the Endurance events running as well as the club events, this can take up allot of time for certain guys me included. So a few weekends of getting on the server could really benefit a club night round the Nordschleife

i have noticed after the poll i did about how you want to race, that a few guys wanted to use the same tracks more so they can get used to it this seems to be working so ill carry on in the same way
    lets just see how it goes...

Last race 07 event was FWD (say no more)
    before that it was mini (low turnout)
    Also GT cars (good grid size but to many crashes)

For every positive comment there were also lots of apologies from people about crashing or being caught up in accidents.. :(
    This is what we don't want, so ill start with a time trial and go from there.. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. And people are not just busy with other events here either. People in North America tend to be working at the time of the races and they cannot always participate. I think we will see a few people posting times who were previously unknown to the normal races.

14. Tony Wiltshire

Tony Wiltshire
    "I'd rather be Sim-racing" said Noddy

Please forgive me if you guy's already know this but with the 70's version you get a legal chance to circumvent the long outlap by using the Betonschleife track layout. e.g. look for tarmac on your RHS after Nordkehre.

15. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Erm, just wondering, is the 934-5 the car we went synchronised spinning in at 70Monza? :redface:

**EDIT** I've been able to test this car now, and it's cool....just VERY quick :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Alexander van der Woude

Alexander van der Woude
    Premium Member

say, how much does GTL costs these days?

17. Tony Wiltshire

Tony Wiltshire
    "I'd rather be Sim-racing" said Noddy

You can download it from Steam. I think it's about £7.49.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alexander van der Woude

Alexander van der Woude
    Premium Member

not bad at all, i'll take a look

• Like Like x 2
  19. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

MAybe have a look at foreign Ebay pages, for instance Germany (one Euro plus postage).
    But after delivery you will have to buggle with Starforce, and I don't know whether you are able to still receive a digital version for free from Simbin.

• Like Like x 1