GTL Car Setup event - How is your current setup knowledge/skill?

I'm thinking of having a setup testing event in the GTL club where we explain the different setup options and demonstrate the effects. But before I start planning anything I just wanted to check if there is interest for something like this and to get an overview of the setup knowledge and skills of the club.

I added a poll with multiple options and I would really appreciate your answers. And if you have any comments/suggestions or areas of setups that you particularly interested in and want to cover, just post it in this thread.

Wow, this is great, id jump at the chance to get some more info on this, I THINK i have the basics covered but it takes me a long time to get there, i know there's no quick route to this and often its by luck not judgement that i get the cars feel how i think i like it, this involves looking at other setups and comparing the feel, But to start from scratch with no help i do struggle allot.. but i never go for the fine adjustments i really suffer there..
I try to set my cars up with a bit of under steer as apposed to over steer as this is safer for me :D .. So a better knowledge of setting up a car might make me try a more advanced setup with dare i say it a bit of over steer... as Ive seen how this can help in turning the car in to corners and holding more corner speed..
Also how to brake more efficiently and when to change gear, downshifting into corners and keeping the car stable when going into a long corner..

I'd also be interested in this, gaining knowledge never hurts :thumbsup:

I reckon I'm pretty much there on most things to get the car feeling how I like it, but I have to admit that Dampers are still a total mystery to me.

During my initial testing, I can adjust most things based on behaviour and knowing what I will achieve, but I'm still putting the dampers bang in the middle and doing them by feel / trial and error.

The mod we will use for most of the setups
gtl2012092923242311.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes