GTL and overclocking

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
It seems I am going to be able to upgrade my pc soon, so I'm thinking of getting a pre-overclocked system. Does GTL (and rF/Race etc.) play nice with o/c'd systems? This is a CPU o/c, not gfx.

I'm not aware of a cap on the frame-rate polling. However polling the controller 100 times a second is pretty fast. I honestly don't think you'd notice a lag of 1/100th of a second, so really doubt that polling at say 200 times a second would really make any difference.

Ya 100 times per second sounds alot, seems odd then that wheel (and other pc hardware companies) make such a big deal and effort into getting their input rates up to 250, 500 and even 1000hz. Logitech G27 I believe is 500hz, Fanatec updated their firmware with 500hz a while ago, and I believe Thrustmaster just released a firmware update that updated it to 500 times a second aswell.

Must make a decent difference....

Ya 100 times per second sounds alot, seems odd then that wheel (and other pc hardware companies) make such a big deal and effort into getting their input rates up to 250, 500 and even 1000hz. Logitech G27 I believe is 500hz, Fanatec updated their firmware with 500hz a while ago, and I believe Thrustmaster just released a firmware update that updated it to 500 times a second aswell.

Must make a decent difference....
Interesting point @Marco80. It certainly makes a difference with mouse inputs, but a lot of "pro" mice run at over 4000 dpi and are updated at 1GHz. I guess it depends of the sensitivity of the wheel/pedals itself

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.