GTC-65 Ford GT40 @ Monza & Rouen - Tuesday April 6th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg
gt40flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC65
Class: Ford GT40
Track: Monza GP / Rouen les Essarts (1951-73) (No Chicane)
Track Note: ATTENTION! This is not the same track that is found in our RD downloads section (ver 1.02). This one is a smaller download and it has more visible braking points. Most of you already have this track from when we drove the Skylines on it.
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Anyone who has already downloaded my skinpack for the GT40s, please remove it. I will be updating the event post with the link to Stu's pack as soon as it's available. Sorry and thank you.
Note3: Here is Stu's skinpack. Drop the files inside the archive directly into your "Ford GT40" folder within your "GTC-65" directory.
Note4: This car can be a handful, here's my attempt at making it a little more docile. My SETUP.

This was the most fun I had in a race within RD so far :). Fun car, and Rouen les Essarts is a great track.

Started from the back in race 1, somebody was stationary or very slow at the start, I swerved to avoid him, and got hit in the back and turned round.
Overall, very happy with the race, very consistent. When I was on my own at least. When I had the opportunity to pass someone, my foot was glued to the gas pedal, had a couple of spins.

Quali for race 2. Was in last, very fast part of the track, and then that slow right hander. Somebody spun off there, and I touched him slightly, spun, and aborted the lap, started from the back.
Crappy start, didn't improve at all, and bumped into Jack in the second or third corner. Apologies for that, couldn't stop in time. I waited 15-20 seconds for him to turn around, so I can let him in front. After that, I overtook him on the hairpin. Was 25 seconds behind the guy in front, was catching up, got to three seconds, and had a huuuge crash in the first sector. After that, I gave up, and just cruised home.

Crappy results, but a fun event nonetheless. Awesome game, best 3 pounds I ever spent :)

I normally wait for you guys to let me know if you liked the event or not before posting, but I can't wait to say that...
I had way more fun than I expected to. When I was testing I didn't drive this beast long enough to see what happens when the tires start to go. Oh boy lol!! It turns into a bar of soap haha!

I had crap loads of fun in both races changing places with a few of you (Amir, Michal...) and you guys always kept it clean, thanks for that.
I hope I gave you enough room in race 1 Amir, it was hard to tell if I was getting too close at times.

I love this car at Rouen, just love it. I'm sorry about the tap on your right side when you were going into the hairpin Steven, I overestimated my brakes there. Glad you didn't spin out though.

And sorry to you too Tom, you were coming into the track from a get-off at the hairpin and I thought you had seen me. Thank god nothing major happened.

I hope you all liked it as much as I did.

Thanks Stu for helping out with the questions and setting up the server and a bunch of other stuff you do that I can't remember right now.

And thank you RD

good fun tonight. race one was ok. made some mistakes while chasing bob so decided to save the tyres and stick to second place. well done bob great drive and grats for your win.
race 2 i tried to save the tyres at the opening laps but this time my "tactics" didn't pay off. after a good battle for the lead i made some mistakes and dropped back to 4th. then i had a very good battle with steven tom and carlos. i wanted to have a "spa race" all over again but as we were 3 coming into one of the turns i broke too late and the race was gone.from then on i made one mistake after the other. grats for stuart for the win and ofcours steven and tom. gr8 car and track combo.
thx carlos.

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank Stu for the skinpack. THANKS!!

Did you all notice how smoothly everything goes when a veteran makes a skinpack versus a noob? lol

But don't worry, I'm learning.

And a big :welcome: to Tim and Michal. Hope you guys stick around.

Senad it was me starting slowly I ended phone call entering grid and didn't noticed I engaged pit limiter... Neverless there was a hell of flying GT's at the start, then I was trying to make up some places, but I made a few mistakes, Hans send me to the gravel at Parabolica and I droped back.
In lap 10 I missed brake point cut the track and got S&G after exiting the pits I was caught by Hans and Senad again overtaking them Senad as he wrote made some spins - especially in T1 and I gained his place. Then Hans again tried to brake in my trunk but this time I managed to stay on the track and finished 9th or 10th.

Rouen - was brilliant! Made one lap on qual which gave me 7th spot. At the start I had a lot of luck and even came up to 5th or 6th, but then I made mistake braking to harpin, my car slided toward outside crossing Philip's line he hit me and I spun. Then I was runing 9th catched up Philip again and then I touched him to make spin, sorry for this.
After a few mistakes I felt back a little bit but was then suprised again by Philip having huge crash at exit of T1 it was miracle - from my point of view - to avoid him. Finished 9th.

Overall - that was a super Combo - thanks Carlos and Stu for organisation - we have to repeat it with some other heavy machine. Gave me a lot of fun!!!

This was one of my favourite evenings of RD racing so far. The GT40 is a dream and the track choice was inspired.

Despite being quick all through practice, I fluffed Qualy for Race 1 - I was on a scorcher of a lap and I ran wide coming out of the final turn and clipped the grass, resulting in a cut. So I started near the back. Off the Line, Hans has rocketship start but he was so keen that he bumped the car in front of him and I had to take to teh pit exit to try and avoid. This stopped me from gaining positions at the start, but throughout the race I slowly clawed back places as I fell in love with the car. I had great battles with various people and I made it up to 4 position, only to get to ambitous out of the first chicane and I spun. I beleive I was 6th in the end, but a fantastic race.

Race two - Yet again I failed epicly in qualifying and started from the back row following a crash. This time my start was free from trouble and I blasted away gaining a couple of places. I decided for Rouen that a medium gearing setup would be best to pulling the car out of the hairpin and up the hill - really this track is about acceleration despite the long straight - so this gave me a slight boost going down the hill on L1.

I wanted to jump a few more people in the early stages but common sense prevailed and I took it easy into the hairpin, deciding to out acclerate people up the long hill. This got me up with Carlos, Stu, Amir and Steven and we had a nice battle. I made it up to 2nd following numerous bumps for other people, especially Steven who had a massive spin in T1. I saw him going backwards across the track and I basically had to go for it or die, so I shut my eyes and floored it. I must have been about 6 inches away, check the replay.It'll make you cringe lol.

Stu was i the lead and I was determined to catch him, but I had Amir and Steven behind me, and coming up the hill they drafted me and onto the long staight they used their speed advantage to punish me. I just moved over to the left and let them go, this turned out to be the best tactic as Amir lost out in their braking battle and went off. I tried to keep up with steven but coming down to the hairpin we found Stu moving the grass and this threw me off balance and I spun. I rejoined still in 3rd but I wasn't able to catch up to Steven or Stu again. Still, from almost dead last to 3rd was alright for me.

Great evening again carlos - you make some great choices. When are we going to see some Nordschliefe action on a Tuesday?
Cheers everyone, great race.

That was my second time racing GTL online ,and it was fantastic.

I tried to drove clean and safe,but not to slow ;)
At Monza i had a lot of actions,maybe not many overtakes,but driving over the rear bumper is too realy fun.That funny momment when i went off the track seconds after Carlos on the 11th lap when we were fighting for 2nd place was pathethic :rolleyes:

At Rouen i made a mistake after start ,and almost crash into leaders on Virage de Naouveau Monde :tongue:
After this,i felt around 12th place and start caching cars in front of me.After few mistakes from other drivers i run up to 5th and finish on this position.

Gratz for winners,thx for this great event and see You next time.

Ps.sorry for my bad english:frown:

Well I'm running out of superlatives for club night here at GTL headquarters.

What another fun filled, high octane couple of races. Once again Carlos throws up another car/track combo that just about had all you can get from GTL.

Down to the racing, Monza, qualied second and made a good start only to be mugged by the last of the late brakers, Tommo, into T1. Now down to third with Mr Palmer tucked in behind in 4th and Carlos upfront. As we all settled down and got our car up to speed lap 3 saw Steve have an off and just when I was looking forward to a nice little squabble with Stu he looses the backend at the second chicane. I now found myself in second and set about chasing down Carlos and managed to close the gap on him. As Carlos got out of shape coming out of the last chicane I made my move on him and managed a pass on the last corner. As the gap started to increase this is where the race got lonely & I had to do the remainder of the race on my own and try not to throw it all away. In the end I kept it all together and crossed the line to bring home the win.

Race 2, Rouen, qualied in 4th and again got a good start but was held up a bit by Carlos and then Amir came charging throw. As this put me on the grass a bit and lost a lot of places and found myself near the back of the field going down to the hairpin. After a few minor offs and charging back up the field again I managed to bring it home in 6th place. It was a fun race and I enjoyed the little battles along the way.

Thanks Calos for a brilliant night & like I said before 10/10 for car & track choice. Thx to RD and thanks to all the guys that showed up tonight to make it a full field club event. Grts to podium finisher in race 1, grt to Tommo for the race 2 win & grts to the podium finishers also.

Senad it was me starting slowly I ended phone call entering grid and didn't noticed I engaged pit limiter... Neverless there was a hell of flying GT's at the start, then I was trying to make up some places, but I made a few mistakes, Hans send me to the gravel at Parabolica and I droped back.
In lap 10 I missed brake point cut the track and got S&G after exiting the pits I was caught by Hans and Senad again overtaking them Senad as he wrote made some spins - especially in T1 and I gained his place. Then Hans again tried to brake in my trunk but this time I managed to stay on the track and finished 9th or 10th.

Roman,I am sorry that I hit you ,I had major leg problems one moment you are in front then behind an next you ware complete gone,so I did not no exactly where you where on track,an when I hit you from behind,you appear just in front of me,no way to avoid you ,again sorry Roman.:redface:

Well as I said ,both races where a big problem, during the race in the chat screen I saw several times
"synchronising game ....msc "never saw that before? it seems that everything was a bid to late even shifting gears and going on or of throttle.

OK the race with the GT40 for me the first time I get it almost under control thanks to Carlos his setup,an the tracks are great , I love Rouen an Monza,

Thanks Carlos,an sorry if I give more guys problems (have to sorted out before going online again)

I'm sorry about the tap on your right side when you were going into the hairpin Steven, I overestimated my brakes there. Glad you didn't spin out though.

Didn't even notice, I just thought you got a super late braking down pat, I thought blimey where did Carlos come from :)

Super event .......Monza was full of mistakes. Half decent practice but my quali was stuffed from the start when a car pulled from the pits and onto the racing line hold me back through both the 1st 2 turns. Got a good start anyways and was having an nice opening couple of laps until I got a bit of a wobble on through the back chicane, bit of power oversteer and I lost all momentum trying to correct it....Grats to Bob for the impressive victory.

Rouen was sublime...really liked the car/track combo (GT40 has never been that kind to me) But I had a little practice earlier and it was just lush :)) Can't believe I pulled too many gears for the sweeping right after the SF line and ended up going backwards down the barrier ...lol. had a nice recovery drive up to 2nd though which was a really good battle with Carlos, Amir, & Tom, just not enough laps to get Thommo :)

Cheers guys for a great nights racing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back