AC GT3 @ Zandvoort - Sunday 23rd of July 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As I'm not racing tonight and have put some work into my setup, I don't want it to go to waste. So for anyone driving the Z4 GT3, here is my setup. I'm not allowed to post my laptimes with it but my best time with this is within 1.5 seconds of the top RSR time so thats all I'll say about it.

Softs can work for 2 or 3 laps with 1 click less all round in pressures.

Attachments

• zandvoort_M.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 203

IMG_7844.jpg.html

Last edited:
As I'm not racing tonight and have put some work into my setup, I don't want it to go to waste. So for anyone driving the Z4 GT3, here is my setup. I'm not allowed to post my laptimes with it but my best time with this is within 1.5 seconds of the top RSR time so thats all I'll say about it.

Softs can work for 2 or 3 laps with 1 click less all round in pressures.

Thanks for posting your setup @Leprekaun. What is that about the laptimes, did I miss some "keep-it-secret-rule"?

Yep. I've been told before in a US club race not to so that's why I didn't post it this time. The main idea being not to scare newcomers to the club which I can understand and appreciate. The best laptime of my setup can be seen in the setups forum if you're curious.

Yep. I've been told before in a US club race not to so that's why I didn't post it this time. The main idea being not to scare newcomers to the club which I can understand and appreciate. The best laptime of my setup can be seen in the setups forum if you're curious.

BTW, thank you for suggesting softer springs; you've been spot on in the .3/.4 gain. I was busy driving and I did not check the chat box until you already left...

Is from your knowledge the 1:1 ratio for dampers and even numbers in frequency still a good indicator for a correct setup in the car engineering app? I try to keep 9mm difference in height for the diffuser as well in the 488.

I don't really know how to setup dampers really so I don't want to say anything that is most likely incorrect. I haven't changed the dampers on the BMW from the default setup, only aero, spring rates, anti roll bars and differential but didn't touch the dampers. From what I know, it's always best to setup the rebound to be stiffer than the bump and they're primarily adjusted for bump and kerb tolerance but with more extreme settings, they can also alter the balance of the car on entry (e.g.: stiff rear rebound can induce oversteer into corners) and exit (e.g.: stiff rear bump can induce oversteer) but I found I'm not great at setting them up so thats why I don't but I'm still learning and reading about them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back