AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Wednesday 15 April 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I thought "maybe no blue flags this time" but i was much slower than last time. Not my day i guess. Maybe next time. Despite that it was a nice and clean race. Thanks again.

That was fun again tonight. Great close battle with cornermaster @PaulH :)

See you all next week again I hope :thumbsup:
Yeah, good battle Bram :thumbsup:, that Merc is so quick on the straights, I couldn't get close to get any draft at all, it just pulled away with ease(not that I'm the fastest driver mind:D).
I thought I put 24 laps worth of fuel in :O_o: ah well, enjoyed :thumbsup:

@Ville-Samuli Mutanen hmm after your statement I think I'll stick to the MP4 too. Now we have to convince @Geof and @Christian Lozanov to switch to McLaren too :D

I drove one league season with the McLaren and I would say that you can win the race with it but you have to nail your qualifying lap and to be on pole. Because its really hard to overtake Mercs for example. It is possible but you have to be really brave on the brakes or during the corner.

For me the MP4 has been gentle for the tyres. I think its the most efficient of all GT3's..

@Akis great footage, amazing how stable your car is at the speeds. Could I be cheeky and ask you to share your setup for this race? Not a problem if not, I just couldn't get the McLaren to sit that stable. Going to go home and try the track again and see just how far off your lines I am. Looking at it i'm not that far off just my car seems to be so much more unstable.

@Akis great footage, amazing how stable your car is at the speeds. Could I be cheeky and ask you to share your setup for this race? Not a problem if not, I just couldn't get the McLaren to sit that stable. Going to go home and try the track again and see just how far off your lines I am. Looking at it i'm not that far off just my car seems to be so much more unstable.
The changes from the default are:

0/2 front/rear wings
63mm front height with 1 click harder springs
60mm rear height, 1 click softer springs with full negative camber
40% power diff
65% coast diff

The car is still very unstable, that's why I span out 2 times. :D
You have to be extra careful in how you release the brakes. If you release them too fast the mp4 spins out instantly. Check the pedals app in the vid I posted to see what I mean.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back