AC GT3 @ Paul Ricard - Sunday 25th of June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry for quitting but I couldnt handle that piece of crap anymore. Worst car I've ever driven, should have taken the AMG or something else. It was impossible for me to catch oversteers. After I got a little bump and lost traction, my tyres went hot and the doom loop begun. I managed to cool them down from 130° back to 80° driving like a grandma. 8 minutes before end my car did the same **** again annd instantly lost grip at a point where I didn't expect it and I got so incredible mad that I had to quit. Very sorry for that. See you next race!
I hope that at least you guys had fun :)
my POV: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154377662 (Race starts around 00:39:30)

Would one of the faster Lamborghini's mind posting their setups in this thread? Would like to give it a go with a proper setup to see what my pace could be!

Entered qualifying seeing people doing 1:55's where I hardly managed 1:58 low in private practice. Couldn't really get a lap in so I started from the back in P16.

Got shunted in T1 which sent me back to P20 but managed to catch up to some guys in front, some very close fighting followed (some with minor contact, mostly people didn't seem te noticed I was next to them).

After getting some decent laps in I managed to close the gap to the group fighting for P12. Some more nice and close fighting (and contact....) happened before I made a mistake and when returning back on the track I tried to defend my position a bit aggresively which resulted in P13 and me going off the track.

After that my CrapSport Pedals decided that 70% throttle input would be enough to finish the last 3 minutes of racing with, so lapping 10 seconds slower without getting in the way of people.

I need to learn a lot more about setting up the car as my setup work resulted in something that's 3 seconds of the pace :rolleyes:. Had some hard times getting the power down on this track.

All in all an entertaining race with some close fights, you'll see me around some more in the next couple of days I think!

I found out why i was the only one in a Nissan GTR, really quick on the straights, as fast as
most cars in the "only" fast bend, unfortunately like driving a bus on the rest of the many slow bends. Come to think of It was probably not as quick as a bus in the slow bends.
And i ran out of fuel on the last lap. My confused fuel app was completly wrong.

My first RD GT3 race didn't go too badly, overall. Tyres were in really rotten shape at the end, despite 'em being medium. The 911 was fun but I might try the R8 next time all the same.

If any fast R8 drivers want to share a setup, that would be much appreciated :D

First race in AC racing club for me and the 488 - quitte an enjoyable one :) The fighting with @Neilski was hard and fair. I lacked so much straight line performance that I just couldn't get a run anywhere so I tried to squeze by at the twisty parts but Neil was defending very well. The side by side moment at turn 6 was really exciting! Pitty I lost it after I got spooked by your little wiggle (no contact there actually - my fault entirely ;)). Thanks for the race to everyone!

Just read what I wrote, I was being a bit harsh on the Gtr , must say it was good to drive, pretty fool proof.
Never had even a sniff of an "off" and as soon as I hit the straight bits I could relax, only the AMG could stay with me but as soon as I got to the slow bits every made up a loads of time on me.

But had a really enjoyable race.

Sorry Nissan GT-R.

First race in AC racing club for me and the 488 - quitte an enjoyable one :) The fighting with @Neilski was hard and fair. I lacked so much straight line performance that I just couldn't get a run anywhere so I tried to squeze by at the twisty parts but Neil was defending very well. The side by side moment at turn 6 was really exciting! Pitty I lost it after I got spooked by your little wiggle (no contact there actually - my fault entirely ;)). Thanks for the race to everyone!
Yeah, I enjoyed the battling :) My tyres were gradually going off and the car was getting pretty squirrelly on the slow bits!

My first RD GT3 race didn't go too badly, overall. Tyres were in really rotten shape at the end, despite 'em being medium. The 911 was fun but I might try the R8 next time all the same.

If any fast R8 drivers want to share a setup, that would be much appreciated :D
Dunno about fast drivers, but I can send you my setup when I get to my pc. :)
That setup is not yet very good. It's a work in progress as this was only second try with the new Audi. We are still behind from old Audi's laptimes. :thumbsup:

Would one of the faster Lamborghini's mind posting their setups in this thread? Would like to give it a go with a proper setup to see what my pace could be!

Here is the setup I was using with the Huracan. I was going for a low aero.
I'm not really happy about it, I wasn't able to rely on what the back was going to do. Mostly on he first corner.
It was doable with the soft tires (qualy), but with caution, as they were overheating after the double right of Beausset.
Don't hesitate to report back.
Cheers.

Attachments

• ggtp2.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 198

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes