AC GT3 @ Donington Park GP - Wednesday 11 November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I just got a popup with the message: Server seems to unavailable? All of a sudden all the drivers/cars were gone. Bet that was on my side, because I still see the server in the onlinelobby! :(

Not a great evening of driving for me which is a shame cos I love Donington and I'm lucky enough to be able to call it my 'home track' :thumbsup:

That Audi though just lacked any front end bite even on softs so picking hards for the race was a bad decision, especially when I couldn't get them heated up :(

Really sorry Laurynas about the hit going into the Foggy esses on Lap 1, checked the replays and turns out I was actually on the brakes earlier than you but still smashed into you so it was just one of them things. Even so, apologies :)

Anyway, thanks for the race Ricardo :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really sorry Laurynas about the hit going into the Foggy esses on Lap 1, checked the replays and turns out I was actually on the brakes earlier than you but still smashed into you so it was just one of them things. Even so, apologies :)

No problem , It's my first race, the bump didn't change much for my result :D

@monsieurjackb I thought I hit you , but I did not feel anything. Might be contributing factor on your incident with Lau?
I got so disorientred in that situation that I forgot to yield the place I gained cutting the chicane.

Quite OK race for me. Finished behind the podium who where incredibly fast. Grats guys! Started and droove most of the time behind my brother what I liked very much. Until he got distracted by his wife (not what you think ;-)). I also prepared to be overtaken by Geof some time during the race. He was also pretty fast but seemed to have some trouble from time to time.
Mediums worked quite well for me. Hunted my personal best lap from lap 1 to 29 (PB at 27).

Thx guys, get well soon Ricardo and see you another time!

@monsieurjackb My evening was worse ;)
Again, AGAIN!!!, I managed to spin out in the first lap without any pressure :sick::sick::sick::mad::mad::mad:!
Wanted to coast through Schwantz Curve to not crash somebody at McLeans and suddenly the tail was coming and I was off track. Too slow and stupid to counterreact and hitting also wall so I was damaged on top :poop: Next I am too stupid to recover spinning around like an idiot off track :thumbsdown:

Just as I was about to close the gap to you @monsieurjackb I was dive bombed by somebody, one lap later decided to go to pits although I didn´t want to.
Was able to get back 2 or 3 positions from last but lost it all again in the last two laps as the car became unstable :(:(
Love the whole track till it comes to the two hairpins...which I hate :D

Sorry guys for this rage post but I was so happy to have managed it to join and then I fu**ed up big time and again and again and again...
maybe I should take a brake from "simdriving" it´s not racing what I am doing :(

Thanks for fun and good fight :) with @Benutzername again ;).
9 on grid I finish 7 with two off-track mistakes with this great Lambo ; first time with this car.
I had to came back to track just after a corner on the line, I hope I had not caused trouble to the others .....
Grats to the winner and podium, thanks to @Ricardo for the server, I hope you will be better next week.

See you on track next week ;)

If someone is interested in the replay drop me a note and I'll upload it somewhere (150 Mb compressed). Just in case - is it OK to post the link publicly here or should this be done privately?

Last edited:
Never liked Donington, ahvent expected anything.
I think i started in 12th out of 18th drivers, which was ok for me.

Was really careful at the start, could pass @Herbie in corner 2. In the same lap i pressured @George Daras, wanted to gain positions at the start cause i thought that i could not drive as fast as my opponents. We were side by side on the long straight, but to avoid a collision i let him in front through the chicane. He braked too late, though, which meant we were side by side at the exit of the chicane again. Out of nowhere @petsku67 appeared with much more speed and somehow managed to find a gap bewteen me and George, three cars-wide.
d08989716cc31d63728837e3c2d84497.jpg
In the hairpin @tazza1986 tried to follow Petteri, but misjudged it and ended up behind us. Petteri was in front, me in 11th, George in 12th with Gabriele in the back.

After that, the race was quite lonely and i drove consistent laps. There was quite a gap to the front and to the back.
Due to mistakes from other drivers i gained a few positions, but these were gaining on me again.
@Mark Gormley was much faster than me, i tried to hold my position with some hard defending. Meanwhile @Olivier Boissel joined Mark in the back. Few laps later, @Geof also joined the group. All followers were faster than me, so i had a hard time and a tough challenge, which was fun. After a driving error Mark could pass me and drive away. Some laps later after some nice fighting with Olivier i did another small mistake and Olivier was through, but he made a mistake in the chicane in the same lap. Geoffrey was close enough to me anyway, so he overtook us both in the hairpin, while i was side by side with Olivier, but loosing time on him at the exit. Then i quickly decided to make a confident move in the second hairpin, which went perfectly well. While Geoffrey drove away quickly i had some more laps of great fighting with Olivier. He finally passed me in a similar confident and brilliant way as i did to him before: Not fully side by side, still going for the inside in the first corner and finishing it perfectly with just enough room for me - Brilliant one with just a few centimeters space.
I could pressured him a bit the next lap and tried to dive into the first hairpin which might have gone well (re-watched the replay) - In that situation i thought it was too close, it could have gone horribly wrong so i decided to steer to the right and spin to not hit his side.

At the end of the race i came closer again to him, but it were about 4 seconds too much. Just a few carlenghts behind was Petteri again, dont know how he came behind me again.

The medium tyres were surprisingly good. My fuel was more than enough, sadly. Should have taken less. Laptimes were faster at the end of the race cause i learned the track a bit more.

I still dont like the track... That hairpins.... :/

-

Great event as usual! I always think i am way too slow but one has always someone with the exact same pace, creating brilliant and clean fights!

Despite laps of fighting there wasnt a single collision or touch between anyone I've met throughout the race. That's how it goes, love it!

Also congratulations to the aliens in front o.O

First race ever I think with that McLaren... nice and fast but lacks the power to get past Audi :whistling::sneaky:
Just kidding @Tomi , nicely driven:thumbsup: It was a good fair fight to the end... huge thanks for that!
Too bad @Geof dropped out in first lap... :( Don't tell I had anything to do with it :unsure:
Thanks allso to all who participated, nice clean driving. And ofcourse thanks @Ricardo :)

Despite laps of fighting there wasnt a single collision or touch between anyone I've met throughout the race. That's how it goes, love it!
We had a small paint trade with Tomi :roflmao:

@monsieurjackb My evening was worse ;)
Again, AGAIN!!!, I managed to spin out in the first lap without any pressure :sick::sick::sick::mad::mad::mad:!
Wanted to coast through Schwantz Curve to not crash somebody at McLeans and suddenly the tail was coming and I was off track. Too slow and stupid to counterreact and hitting also wall so I was damaged on top :poop: Next I am too stupid to recover spinning around like an idiot off track :thumbsdown:

Just as I was about to close the gap to you @monsieurjackb I was dive bombed by somebody, one lap later decided to go to pits although I didn´t want to.
Was able to get back 2 or 3 positions from last but lost it all again in the last two laps as the car became unstable :(:(
Love the whole track till it comes to the two hairpins...which I hate :D

Sorry guys for this rage post but I was so happy to have managed it to join and then I fu**ed up big time and again and again and again...
maybe I should take a brake from "simdriving" it´s not racing what I am doing :(
Try the Abarth 500s, you can't do much harm in those I suppose :p

Yeah, very nice race with @Rami :thumbsup:. But I think I was very lucky that I get front of you at the start and therefore I could use that acceleration and speed advantage what Audi has compared to McLaren.Otherwise you would have beat me quite a margin;).

Thank you everybody.:)

Race Results
Premium Roll: 11

Winner: @Reik Major
Prize: 1 month premium to give to a non-premium member!

Wahooooo! Usually I never win anything! :D

@Nico Major would you think it's worth a try to attract your friend "oke" to give it a try for one month and try out a few high quality races with us? Nothing to loose I'd say. If he doesn't like to, let me know so I can ask here for other interested members...

About my race:

I was very happy to qualify 6th right in front of my brother. I'm very happy about my performance in my first AC race. Nicos tip to disable PP-filters saved me a lot of fps, so racing was very enjoyable. My medium tyres lastet very well from start to finish.

Unfortunately my wife had forgotten here keys and called me in lap 15. :O_o: So I parked the car, rushed to the door, pressed the button to open the main door downstairs, rushed back, went on driving again, started thinking, parked again, rushed to the door to open here the apartment door too :poop::rolleyes: rushed back agin and went on driving just to get lapped by @Tobias Röhner, whom I was chasing in the beginning of the race. :cry:

Later I had a hard contact with someone who got off the track at the lomg right hander before the back straight. He had lost it at the exit. I was too wide too this time and couldn't avoid hitting him with my rear. Sorry mate - bad driving by me. The rear was a bit damaged but I finally carried it over the line in 11th. Otherwise I could have had a nice finishing fight with Nico...

Big thx to @Ricardo for hosting! See you soon...

@Rami , I can not use you all the time for the personnal mistakes I do. ;)

Actually, i just came back after a short break of abstinence, had a good felling with the car, even a good pace (btw I heard about a balance of performance in the gt3 class, any feedback, bcs the huracan is still very fast), but I couldn't manage to make 29 laps clean, forgot to practise the start and missed my first laps, and lost the back of my car several times :whistling:... but in the end, I was smilling, because, damned, it's so good to race.

@Tomi, well done! A Finnish can race an other Finnish, finaly.:D

So thx everybody for the race,
See you next.

@Rami , I can not use you all the time for the personnal mistakes I do. ;)

You certainly are free to do so if you wish, my friend :)
But good to see you back racing :)

For that balancing... Yes that huracan is still fast, but they are much closer now. Some of those gt3's just need serious tweaking to setups just to match others with stock sets. Just my opinions though, but thats how I feel :)

@monsieurjackb I thought I hit you , but I did not feel anything. Might be contributing factor on your incident with Lau?
I got so disorientred in that situation that I forgot to yield the place I gained cutting the chicane.

Nah Tommi, you didn't touch me..I heard you say something about it over TS but didn't take too much notice because it didn't affect me :thumbsup: it was just my stupid fault the incident :rolleyes: thanks though

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back