AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Saturday 6th February 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I ain't as hot as I used to be, and the improved aerodynamic coefficient due to my balding isn't compensating :unsure:

Probably need to do some practice for these club events in future.

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_ks_brands_hatch_6-2-116-19-20-25.jpg
Good fun lads, I love the Audi :)
Got a bit banged up a few times and had to pit twice, still managed to finish 7th though so good day at the office :D And @Shawn Jacobs, I was faithful to our wager :D I ran the hards for the formation lap, got hit and pitted for softs ahahaha

Race results: http://simresults.net/160206-q0D

Last edited:
Aaargh! So frustrating. Qualified 1st (albeit with @Sun Levi on mediums) for only I think the second time ever. Had a good battle for a few laps with Sun but went wide and he got past me. Was doing alright for a few more laps until I oversteered coming out of the 3rd to last corner (don't know the name of it) and picked up some damage. Orange front and back, and yellow on the sides which left me 1-1.5 seconds a lap down on pace.:poop::cry:

It would have been a good battle I think with @Casper and @Michael Stead for the podium.

All in all, though, a good race and I still picked up 4th :thumbsup:

really enjoyed that, just some crazy bad pit strategy, 2 pits stops, but one rolling in took about hour and half, then i put softs on , ! so made another and put softs again!! still did a pb 129:347 thats unbelievable for me :) AND had a cockroach fly in and hit screen,then me, and landed on my chest, panicked a bit the :)

oh and was red front and back whole race ,hit graham on parade lap

Yeah that was um, it started well watched the first lap incident and crept by Chris as they spun and found myself in 5th, had a nice little bit of space around me and then ran wide in the 1st which put me on the outside of @elloLeo Kinnunen in turn 2 and I thought I was leaving enough room but next thing we touched and I ended up in the wall, so maybe not enough room.... From there it was a cluster, towards the end thought I'd slow for @Alex Townsend who was behind me and have a bit of fun to the chequered flag without realising I'd let my tyres cool to much and the car turned into a shopping trolley so he was past and gone and my plan was a fail. Ha-ha oh well there's always next time.

Nah Shawn plenty of room for me to be safe. I got on the power too early in my enthusiasm though and first oversteered away from your car and then overcorrected straight back into you. My heart sank when you spun and I didn't. Sorry bud.

Nah Shawn plenty of room for me to be safe. I got on the power too early in my enthusiasm though and first oversteered away from your car and then overcorrected straight back into you. My heart sank when you spun and I didn't. Sorry bud.
Ah got ya premature acceleration due to over excitement..... Hehehe all good bud happens to us all :D

I need to work on my post accident driving anyway, I let one incident ruin my race as I then overdrive the car and make mistake after mistake for the rest of the race. As @Chris Stacey showed if you keep a level head its quite possible to come back through the field so its definitely something I need to work on!

Good race everyone!
It turned out a bit better than I expected. I started to have a little battle with @Matt Bailey until he went wide and I got by. A couple of other incidents in front of me put me higher on the charts. Consistency bit me in the bottom tonight, I keep having this idea that with less fuel in the car and improving track grip that I can do things a little bit differently (later braking points) to gain some time. But doing so causes me to lose rhythm and leads to offs. I think I had 3-4 of them that cost me a good chunk of time

My racing lines I think were good, I just need to keep doing what I was doing but only do it better :). Loved the tyre blankets, lap after the pit was my fastest, and the car felt really good until they lost their heat :(. I'm kinda bummed that I had an off with <6 laps left and that cost me a finishing spot to @Alexis Clapano.

For some reason when the 650S was first released, I kinda hated it and couldn't get a feel for it, but I may have misjudged just how I was doing in the car since my lap times weren't that bad.

Sorry @Nick10 but the lambo driver "Alexander" had a bit to do with that situation causing a chain effect at the start. I was damaged as well front and rear from the get go. Total muppet i also over estimated my fuel and tried for 1 lap to many on my first stint and had to reset to the pit 19th lap:unsure: Anyhow first hitout for me and alot to improve on but i totally enjoyed it guys. Also @Chris Stacey your results link shows me in a GT2:confused:

Sorry @Nick10 but the lambo driver "Alexander" had a bit to do with that situation causing a chain effect at the start. I was damaged as well front and rear from the get go. Total muppet i also over estimated my fuel and tried for 1 lap to many on my first stint and had to reset to the pit 19th lap:unsure: Anyhow first hitout for me and alot to improve on but i totally enjoyed it guys. Also @Chris Stacey your results link shows me in a GT2:confused:
all good graham, still good fun.

Gonna see if my replay saved enough but not sure I got the whole race.

I really don't remember being the cause of any issue but if I did something without realising then of course I apologise but maybe it would be good for me to know what it was.

Everything just got bunched up at the final corner there. I had to lift and Alex lifted and then I think the accordion effect took effect. I think ppl got caught out because they were expecting everyone to be starting to accelerate there instead of lifting.

from my view point it looked like the final corner suddendly slowed and everyone hit brakes, i had just pickup pace to hit the straight and everyone suddenly braked :)
cant tell who, but gotta blame someone :)

May as well be the new brit then...

Basically the field slowed down in front. Everyone managed to slow down. I got rear damage which means someone hit me not me hitting anyone else.
I wasn't controlling the pace as I was starting in about 13th...

Not sure it could really be my fault but if people see it differently then so be it...

Last edited:
from my view point it looked like the final corner suddendly slowed and everyone hit brakes, i had just pickup pace to hit the straight and everyone suddenly braked :)
cant tell who, but gotta blame someone :)

From the perspective of the front guys we didn't change speed that much. We went from about 120-140kph down to about 90 for the length of the final straight to allow the back of the pack to catch up and we kept that speed until we accelerated out of the final turn. I think the guys at the back were racing to catch up and got caught out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back