AC GT2/3 @ Imola - Saturday 16th of April 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@James Hemp , you can take my 458, i was thinking to switch to the Vette, for a change...
So I'm taking the second C7R, I don't see anybody who have signed for...

a thoroughly enjoyable race! the lack of temperature although distressing at the start of practice made for a very exciting race strategy. it was wonderful to have the GT3 softs as a viable race tyre! I did one stop (2 sets of soft) 2nd in GT3 class) only a second behind @Enzo Fazzi (meds no stop) catching at 3 seconds a lap. The GT2s also were able to use softs for 22 laps. @Durand1981 seriously mate, just a little outside the box thinking with the tyres and it was wonderful!

a thoroughly enjoyable race! the lack of temperature although distressing at the start of practice made for a very exciting race strategy. it was wonderful to have the GT3 softs as a viable race tyre! I did one stop (2 sets of soft) 2nd in GT3 class) only a second behind @Enzo Fazzi (meds no stop) catching at 3 seconds a lap. The GT2s also were able to use softs for 22 laps. @Durand1981 seriously mate, just a little outside the box thinking with the tyres and it was wonderful!

How much of the advantage do you recon the tire strategy gave you?

How much of the advantage do you recon the tire strategy gave you?
well over Enzo.....I think my strategy was 10 seconds faster over the entire race distance, @Enzo Fazzi messed up his pressures in the mediums which cost him......and when I boxed I got caught in traffic. Watching the replay and sector times....I think the softs (1pit) were 10 seconds quicker than meds (o pit)...but because it was 2 classes its tough to say! I would love to know how long the GT2 ss would last

The GT2 on SS, with my M3, managed to complete a single lap, with rear tyres, particularly the right one, quite hot in the 2 Rivazza corners, then you have to slow down for a cooling lap if you want to try a second fast lap.
Soft tyres lasted well for about 15 laps, then there was a stable dacay until lap 20, from here to the end of the race the grip was gone and it was a risky business because of slippery.

well over Enzo.....I think my strategy was 10 seconds faster over the entire race distance, @Enzo Fazzi messed up his pressures in the mediums which cost him......and when I boxed I got caught in traffic. Watching the replay and sector times....I think the softs (1pit) were 10 seconds quicker than meds (o pit)...but because it was 2 classes its tough to say! I would love to know how long the GT2 ss would last
If I wasn't tired and hadn't messed up the tires, I think I could've done 46 lows throughout the race.

Reactions: Si
Hey guys,

I just wanyted to say thank you ! I had a lot of fun with you tonight. I hope i can race with you another time.

See you next time

He was very happy to participate, thanks guys for your welcome. I watched the start and first lap and I have been surprised how he defended his place, I am usually too much careful on start ;)
We exchanged about strategy before the race and took the bad decision for tyres :(
See you on track ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back