• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

GT Sport: will we still have to "buy" cars to drive them?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by michelforest, Sep 20, 2017.

1. michelforest

michelforest

Ratings:
    +2
    Even though the GT series is one of the best looking racing games out there, I never bothered to buy GT5 or GT6 because I've always hated the way the game works i.e. I hate having to earn credits in order to drive the cars I really want. When I get a game, I want to be able to drive every car on every track whenever I feel like it. (My other problems with GT were the lack of car damage and the lack of cockpit view for most car models.) That's why I will buy PC2: the instant access to every mode, every car, every track, right away.

GT Sport looks very promising but I won't buy it if the old system of buying cars is still in place. I can't find, strangely, any info on this. Can anybody here provide me with the answer? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :) Premium

Ratings:
    +421
    Knowing what GT is like, you'll have to earn the credits in order to get the cars you want to drive

• Like Like x 1
  3. michelforest

michelforest

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you for the info. I was afraid of that... well, no sale for me, unless the reviews from fellow gamers are really exceptional.

4. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :) Premium

Ratings:
    +421
    Buying the cars that you want has always been the case since GT1

5. michelforest

michelforest

Ratings:
    +2
    I know, which is the reason why I didn't bother with GT5 and 6...

It's a shame, in a way, because I'd like to get the game, but the idea that you have to play countless hours in order to get all the cars that you want is silly. When I buy a game, I want every car and every track available at once, like Project Cars.