GT Sport GT Sport Update Preview, New Cars and Offline Mode Upcoming!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Header.jpg

Polyphony Digital have revealed details of the next major updates and content releases for GT Sport.. set to include offline career features!

Build 1.06 looks set to be scheduled for a November 27th release and with it adds a couple of new pieces of content and some features previously discussed during the build up to launch of the new title, including the much anticipated update to the campaign mode to appease those players who have already worked through the admittedly light content of the launch release version, plus livery editor offline mode and new 'Scapes' modes.

You can check out Novembers build 1.06 highlights below:
  • Campaign Mode, Scapes, and the Livery Editor features will become available also when offline. (However, an online connection is still required to save game progress).
  • Some elements of the car physics simulation model have been improved. This can be noticed especially in commercial cars, which exhibit less grip on the road, with improved sense of realism and controllability.
  • In line with the changes above, we have adjusted the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenges in the Campaign Mode, to allow a smoother game experience.
  • In Sport mode races, the judgement algorithm of the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) has been improved. Furthermore, it is also now possible to see the deductions of SR points not only for yourself, but also for other drivers involved in a collision/incident with your car.
  • ‘Autumn Leaves’ has been added to the featured Scapes photos. Some new photo spots have also been added.
  • The following 3 cars will be added to the game as free DLC:
IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
GT Sport - IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo .jpg

Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest) (Gr.1)
GT Sport - Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest).jpg

Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)
GT Sport - Shelby Cobra 427.jpg

As well as the big November update, Polyphony have also given us a sneak peak at what the month of December has in store for players of the game, with no less than 12 new and free cars, plus the interesting sounding 'GT League' career mode that looks set to offer set piece racing challenges in certain car and track configurations, very much like earlier GT games. You can check out the December highlights and free car list details below:
  • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
  • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
  • Lamborghini Countach LP400
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
  • KTM X-BOW R
  • Suzuki Swift Sport
  • Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
  • Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)
Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the new update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wow, OLDER cars! ...and free *-*

good work.

But I think I'll just keep watching this unfold a little longer. Wasn't happy at all with the over-the-limit behavior and especially feel of it in the FFB. Maybe I'll pick it up next year as a controller game if they add some more stuff I don't need PS+ for.

co199

Eternal Backmarker
"Campaign Mode, Scapes, and the Livery Editor features will become available also when offline. (However, an online connection is still required to save game progress)."

Then it's not particularly offline, now is it?

For me offline would be racing 2x players ( or more) in local lan offline with 2 xPS4 against 16 or more AI cars
class selectable . But that is a dream I guess ..!?
Its even not possible in AC to put AI cars into a local lan game?!

AWESOME! I can't wait to get my hands on those older cars, just what the game was missing imo!
Hope there's some new tracks in the pipe as well, though I'm enjoying whats there already and am by no means bored with it yet.
Also, light on content? I want to see those who consider it light on content get gold on every challenge ingame first and then tell me there's not enough to do. It took me well over 20 hours on track to complete them all and I consider that a good amount of "singleplayer content".

Is this a game or real life ? because wooow :roflmao:
gt-sport-audi-r18-audi-sport-team-joest-jpg.223580
It's both actually.
It's one of them ingame scapes, where you take a photo from a real world location and then put a computer generated car on it. It has some info in the photo so it knows where to put the car so its planted on the ground and such.
You get several options for the car, what lights to have on and off, turning angle of the front wheels, driver or no driver etc. It also renders with whatever livery you have chose, so if you made one for yourself it'll show in these pics.

It's both actually.
It's one of them ingame scapes, where you take a photo from a real world location and then put a computer generated car on it. It has some info in the photo so it knows where to put the car so its planted on the ground and such.
You get several options for the car, what lights to have on and off, turning angle of the front wheels, driver or no driver etc. It also renders with whatever livery you have chose, so if you made one for yourself it'll show in these pics.
thats what I thought it was some kind of showroom , never seen such details :D

Thanks but I rather see these things

No Pikes peak yet.

The AI is close to be bullies.
We should be able to raise the aggression and talent of the AI.
But I guess we got what polyfunny had talent to offer. Hehe not very impressive.

Night driving on all tracks would be fun.

I have a confession. I actually love the Rally mode now. In the start I was rather disappointed, and one big question mark. This can be real, it felt like controlling a cardboard box on ice. But after taking all the tracks in gold, I finally found the skills and understanding of the driving it. It's pure fun. Still don't know anything about real life rally driving though, so I have nothing to back it up.

Yeah, funny that Pikes Peak was named as an exclusive license to Gran Turismo earlier this year, yet there is no sign of it in the game and as yet, no suggestion it is coming, lol.

Still, Polyphony are touting plenty of car and track additions in 2018, so who knows.

Am seriously peed off with Sony

Remember the hack in 2011? When they gave out free PS+ membership and a few games, back when you did not have to pay to play online?

Well that disqualifies PS4 new owners like me from using a free trial, bloody poor show in my eyes

They got hacked, my data was vulnerable, now I have to pay to play online< I get a free trial code, look forward to playing a bit online over Xmas and "sorry we messed up and gave EVERY member a free trial back in 2011"

Very, very ruthless way to make sure every single old PS3 owner HAS to pay to EVEN try playing online

James Nance

I like Race cars?
Am seriously peed off with Sony

Remember the hack in 2011? When they gave out free PS+ membership and a few games, back when you did not have to pay to play online?

Well that disqualifies PS4 new owners like me from using a free trial, bloody poor show in my eyes

They got hacked, my data was vulnerable, now I have to pay to play online< I get a free trial code, look forward to playing a bit online over Xmas and "sorry we messed up and gave EVERY member a free trial back in 2011"

Very, very ruthless way to make sure every single old PS3 owner HAS to pay to EVEN try playing online
They did have a free week of playing a couple of weeks ago, so could of tried it then, I had to suck it up and get a membership to play online, at least the races were worth it in the end.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000