AC GT Semi-Enduro @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sat 18th Oct. 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks all for the race. That was pretty tricky. Kevin, I'm not sure what happened with us, but the second contact was definitely lag. You were flashing about, I was driving in a straight line, and then you were off :( No idea about the first contact, you just creamed me from behind and that was the end of my nice clean undamaged Fezza :D

Cheers

Selected Driver Quotes:

Matt Bailey - Bailey Racing

"Wow, 6th. I thought a top 10 was in sight with the car today but to get this result feels like a podium for me. Thanks to the team for the fantastic work with the car. Look forward to the next race."

@Akis Kevrekidis I wanted to let you pass on the straight after t16, but u came down on me on t15 pretty fast couldnt really react and u probably expected me to let you go right there. **** happens sorry if u got too damaget from that coz at this point was your race to loose, i lost coupe/3 possitions but didnt really matter.

Thanks everyone for the race.

Thanks for the race all, a bit uneventful for me,, just plodded around the track, no position info seemed to be working for me, wasnt sure if I was being lapped or fighting for position :unsure:
Cant believe how slow online I was compared to practice offline, that was the most disappointing for me, perhaps its a track rubber thing :O_o:
Anyway, thanks all :thumbsup:

Nice race guys, bad luck to Akis with the incidents, would've been close between us. Sorry to everyone for my lag. It's difficult to find a time to race when your roommates live on the internet but I'll have to get that sorted for next time.

@Zaahir Essa Yeah, first contact was me fault, braked a lil late, and let you gave the position back,

Second contact i'm not sure, mabye lil server lagg, but i was on the inside and instant in went into the barrier :( So me windsield was broken and the Suspension was damaged ( BADLY!) :roflmao: Counter steering the whole way back to the pits, (Repair times : 55 sec's)

i was in 21th postion when back on track, at the end made it until position: 8th i think , Just behind @Chris Stacey and @Tony Binelli

Sorry to @James Scanlan didn't knew you braked so early there :(

Anyhow Great track whit these car combination! loved it!
See Ya next time! :thumbsup:

Epic race. Haven't done an online event like that for a few years. So glad to have gotten through with no spins or trips off the track. Sadly it was very lonely in the GT4 class, and apart from a brief battle with Chris Innes, I was pretty much on my own.

Thanks heaps @Chris Stacey + @Tony Binelli for the event :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
RD has definitely made AC a worthwhile purchase!

Awesome race guys! Shame about the start, but the damaged car kept me busy the whole race, had some close race-ending moments but thankfully I didn't crash out :D, Winning in Spa is always awesome! Congrats to @Riley Preston for the GT2 win! That was pretty dominant!

2NamJUM.jpg

Thanks Chris, Tony & RD!

Last edited:
Had a fun if largely uneventful race. Was never in a real wheel to wheel battle, the closest to one I had was ruined by a lag spike between me and @Sun Levi early in the race sadly. @Michael Young was keeping me company a few seconds down the road after a few of my mistakes but the power of my Z4 in the straights was too much for his McLaren to stay with me.

Thanks to @Chris Stacey for the event and @Tony Binelli for the server as always. :)

Hey thanks again Tony and Chris. What a great event to be a part of. Looking forward to many more fun events together. The whole crew makes it a real pleasure. See you all next time.

Thanks for the race last night lads. I haven't done many mixed class races so I was trying to keep out of everyone's way. Had a fair bingle early in the race at La Source trying to put a move on ?Jack?, I think there was some lag or something because he was beside me and I got massive rear damage and spun like a top?? My replay only has the last 4 laps, so I can't check it out - apologies if it was my fault. On a positive note, the car seemed better afterwards - and after I binned it at Eau Rouge about half distance and smashed the front end and left rear suspension, it was even faster again?? Best lap was lap 30 I think.

I had a good, clean battle with David, but I think my tyres were in a happier place and I managed to get a gap eventually. Pretty lonely run to the flag focusing on not blocking the GT2 cars and not crashing, but good fun nonetheless. Out of curiosity, what tyres did everyone go with? A mate of mine set my car up for me as I can't tune and he told me to stick with the mediums and no pit, worked a treat in the end.

Thanks again guys, and if any of you lads want to run some laps/race Mondays or Wednesdays, I usually get together with some mates those nights to race, just hit me up on steam.

Had a fair bingle early in the race at La Source trying to put a move on ?Jack?, I think there was some lag or something because he was beside me and I got massive rear damage and spun like a top??

Sorry Chris the lag was terrible at that time. from my point of view Theodore was pinging
all over the place and we all got caught up in it. From memory there was two or three high ping players at that point and it all went south at that point.
I enjoyed the track and the race it was all great fun.:thumbsup:

Well my race was hugely eventful! There was never a dull moment.
On the formation lap I think Akis had to brake heavily at the bus stop chicane to avoid a high pinging Riley, so I had to brake incredibly hard to avoid hitting the person in front of me, and then a domino effect just kicked off and I got rear ended lol. Luckily I was right at the pit lane entry point so I played it safe and had the damage repaired (thanks @Sun Levi, I'll send you the bill :D) , and rejoined in last place.

From then on I was pretty much chasing down the pack and had some great little battles along the way.

Driver of the day for me goes to... @Chris Innes.
Massively outperformed that car with a great drive! Awesome stuff.

Out of curiosity, what tyres did everyone go with?

I was on the hards, but they still had plenty of life in them by the end of the race. I think a full fuel tank would've run dry before the hards went off. I didn't even think to try the mediums for such a long race. Sounds like they would have lasted.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.