GT OMEGA PRO RACING SIMULATOR Year 1 review

• Deleted member 387850

I was very interested to watch this review! I have the exact same cockpit, although I purchased mine in August so have only owned it about 4 months.

I was wondering if you’ve tried using the included extension bars to make the cockpit longer? I didn’t see them in the video but I found that I had to use them as even at 6ft I had to put the seat back as far as it would go without them. With them I have a better range of adjustment for my height.

I was also wondering if you have tried the V2 shifter bracket? It seems to attach to the seat frame and looks like it might be a bit more solid although I’ve not tried it myself. I’m using a Logitech G29 and matching H-shifter so as you pointed out in your review the included shifter bracket is adequate for the Logitech gear as it’s very light.

I had similar issues with some parts of my frame being slightly twisted. The main cockpit is pretty good, although it did take a bit of coaxing to get everything lined up perfectly. My monitor mount is a pretty bad shape though with one lower leg being twisted so it doesn’t run parallel to the cockpit. Of course it doesn’t effect the driving experience, but it would be nice if the manufacturing tolerances were a bit better.

Overall I do love this cockpit. It’s the first I’ve ever owned and it’s likely to last me a long, long time. I should also say that I think the price is really exceptional for what you get and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the same rig again.

Upvote 0
I was very interested to watch this review! I have the exact same cockpit, although I purchased mine in August so have only owned it about 4 months.

I was wondering if you’ve tried using the included extension bars to make the cockpit longer? I didn’t see them in the video but I found that I had to use them as even at 6ft I had to put the seat back as far as it would go without them. With them I have a better range of adjustment for my height.

I was also wondering if you have tried the V2 shifter bracket? It seems to attach to the seat frame and looks like it might be a bit more solid although I’ve not tried it myself. I’m using a Logitech G29 and matching H-shifter so as you pointed out in your review the included shifter bracket is adequate for the Logitech gear as it’s very light.

I had similar issues with some parts of my frame being slightly twisted. The main cockpit is pretty good, although it did take a bit of coaxing to get everything lined up perfectly. My monitor mount is a pretty bad shape though with one lower leg being twisted so it doesn’t run parallel to the cockpit. Of course it doesn’t effect the driving experience, but it would be nice if the manufacturing tolerances were a bit better.

Overall I do love this cockpit. It’s the first I’ve ever owned and it’s likely to last me a long, long time. I should also say that I think the price is really exceptional for what you get and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the same rig again.
Yeah i have used the bars which do make it easier for me but impossible for my family and friends who are mostly shorter than me, some of their legs wont reach. And changing the position of the wheel and removing the bars is too time consuming.

The new frame for the shifter mount is new as they didnt sell that when i made my purchase. Looks solid but i wanna see a review of it first before i lump £100 on the thing. Lost a lot of trust with their shifter mounts for me.

Despite all the flaws I'm still content with it, as it does do a decent job. Glad you liked the review

Upvote 0
Great Review,I have one and I think you nailed all the key points honestly and objectively.I've had mine for just over 2 years,It's still going strong.
I'm glad you guys brought up the subject of them being slightly twisted I thought it was just mine,I can stop trying to get perfect alignment now :laugh:.
Lol. I was driving myself mad, constantly adjusting it. Inching it left and right. Once i knew i was relieved to be honest.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 387850

That’s true, the extension bars definitely make it difficult for anyone less than 6ft! I’m the only person using my rig so I have it setup just for me which is handy.

I also went a bit OCD trying to get everything straight and true on my rig. I even had the tape measure and spirit level out at one point, then just accepted it was never going to be perfect :redface: Thankfully my seat is pretty much perfect, and I notice that although we have the same seat mine doesn't have the lower belt loops, so perhaps they made a change to them.

One final question Mr. President - what monitor are you using? It looks just right for a single screen setup!

Upvote 0
That’s true, the extension bars definitely make it difficult for anyone less than 6ft! I’m the only person using my rig so I have it setup just for me which is handy.

I also went a bit OCD trying to get everything straight and true on my rig. I even had the tape measure and spirit level out at one point, then just accepted it was never going to be perfect :redface: Thankfully my seat is pretty much perfect, and I notice that although we have the same seat mine doesn't have the lower belt loops, so perhaps they made a change to them.

One final question Mr. President - what monitor are you using? It looks just right for a single screen setup!
I have the BenQ XR3501, its a 35 inch 25609x1080 monitor. It serves my needs giving me more screen space to work with than a 16x9 monitor. I also have no space or patience for a 3 monitor setup.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back