GT Legends available as digital download

Not at all - this is simply an image of a disc - there is still no way to play the game without a Key. Just like making your own image of a disc.

Something being a torrent does not make it illegal.
Nope, the only key is the online key. This image does not have a key to start it.
And copied software is illegal. It still has Simbin/10tacle intellectual property. Also copyright lasts until 70 years after the death of the owner..

Also I think JF's addition says enough it's not legal.

@ Ondrej, i think you need to read some copyright laws. an own made executable is NOT illegal. Putting a piece of software online with copyrights on it IS illegal.

Intelectual property is an oxymoron as well, but that's another case. Saying that someone with a legitimate copy hindered by a piece of stupid software can't download what is essentialy a no-starforce patch just because a bunch of lobbyist came up with some ridiculous rules around a century ago is saddening. I support developers and buy as many sim games as possible, but I loathe the "IP thieves/terrorists" as well.

Thanks for the hint Ryo, saw that earlier but I didn't know it was an image from the "famous" German magazine. No more DVD shuffling in my broken DVD drive and patching it seven times, hooray!

I can't get GTL to work anymore since i have upgraded from XP to Win7. All the work arounds seem to have no effect. Therefore it would be nice that excisting owners could get a digital copy as well.

Actually i am amazed that we have to ask for this. Normally when a game gets patched/upgraded you also get that for free. Now all of a sudden i have to pay another 10 euros for it? No problem if it was new. But i refuse to pay for content that Ive already bought once.

Another thing comes to mind - if they don't want to offer a digi-dl copy to the original owners how about releasing a no-starforce patch? It could use a similar storage method as the crack and should weigh less than the whole game. Using bittorent to distribute the patch would also relieve their servers (as the server cost along with limited ability to verify ownership of the game is a valid argument).

I will probably buy GTL on RR (or Steam preferably if it gets released there), but currently 10 euro price for a game I already own is way too steep in my economic situation. 5 euro would match a box price an if it's good for Race On bundle it's good for GTL as well.

This is really weird. I had my copy in my hands tonight, before I saw this and thought I'd like to reinstall it. However I'm not willing to put up with the SF crap myself. I agree that purchasers of full licensed copy should have access to this. However also agree that bit torrent is not the answer.

Not sure why some have problems with GTL on Win 7, but I used this method:

http://petrolmania.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116

The only link missing is the Win 7 Batch file (needed to rename *.GDB files to *.gdb). I've attached it here.

Works fine for me, and I no longer have Starforce. :D

The proposed method listed on the RD Forum wouldn't work for me.

However, having the game available via direct download now is great, and I think the price is pretty cheap for such a great Sim.

Attachments

• GTL_WIN7.7z
    175 bytes · Views: 185
I've tried in two browsers now and no luck. I'm talking about the URL link. Warren's attachment worked fine.

That is strange Bruce, I just tried my URL link again, and it works fine. I'm using IE8.

I can copy the procedure here for you, but the links to the needed files is a problem. Some are quite large, so i would need to find somewhere to host them.

EDIT: As a test, do these links to the download files work for you??:

http://petrolmania.co.uk/files/gtl.7z
http://petrolmania.co.uk/files/GTL2008Sounds.rar

Hey bud, thanks for the effort. I can't download the linked files either. Don't worry, I'll probably just purchase the digital download. I really don't want to introduce SF into my system, even if there's a procedure to remove it post installation. There is no question that is the most evil copy protection ever concocted. But again, I really do appreciate your attempt to assist in a workaround. Those of us who paid full price for the original release should really be given a pass and provided a means to obtain a free copy of the digital download.

Pity you can't access the linked site, Bruce.
The method given allows you to install your normal GTL software (off the DVD) and run the game in Win 7 WITHOUT installing the Starforce rubbish. :wink:

You don't install the SF at all, so no need to remove it post installation.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.0%