1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Legends available as digital download

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by slider916, Mar 16, 2011.

1. That's great :)

My DVD install is working fine, but if it shows up on Steam by any chance, it's mine :D
  2. I wish the DVD-buyers could get it for free, because we did not ask for SF and we already paid for the game.. I paid €49 back in the day..
  3. Downloaded this morning and working fine on Win7x64.
  4. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

@ Johan - That'd be nice, but I can't really see that happening, tbh.

I'm just glad that it's back available, and now starforce free, meaning no more Win7 aggro.

€10 is worth it for me, as I've held off going W7 because of all the mucking about to get GTL running.
  5. TBH I'm thinking that any Starforce copy owner is morally clear when dling a digital download version "illegally" (if it's working with a legit box version cd-key). Overall this is wonderful news (however 10 euro is TOO MUCH when having the "gold edition" on the shelf already and a legit cd key). Might be worth sending an e-mail to SimBin asking about it.
  6. This is excellent news for me. I always wanted a copy of GT Legends, but I could never get hold of one. Now that it's available online (and compatible with the original version too!) I am definitely going to get it.
  7. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Totally agree Johan. I am sure they will figure something out for existing users..
  8. Sorry Ryan, but I can;'t call a torrent legal. Also the game was sold WITH the magazine, so not for free..

Also it's software with copyrights you're downloading and it's NOT shareware. Still not allowed.. Also with torrents you're spreading it yourself, making yourself guilty of spreading piracy..
  9. Not at all - this is simply an image of a disc - there is still no way to play the game without a Key. Just like making your own image of a disc.

Something being a torrent does not make it illegal.
  10. what you are talking about is if the torrent contains also cd keyes or cracks, then yes, downloading these torrents is illegal according peer2peer communication, because you are sharing illegal stuff like a modified executable... not this case (when is what Ryan said about this particular torrent true)
  11. Roland

Premium Member

Although GT Legends being available again is great news, I fear this is not going to help anyone wanting to play the awesome Power&Glory Mod for GTR2, as I believe it checks for a GTL DVD during installation....

Or maybe the guys from GTL workshop could rework their GTL-checking code for the upcoming v3.0 release??
    IMO it would surely boost popularity of their masterpiece..
  12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

GTL Workshop confirmed to me that P&G v3.0 will not need a DVD check
  13. Roland

Premium Member

That is some great news! Thanks for the quick response Stuart.
  14. David Cuthill

David Cuthill
    Premium Member

A word of warning:

My GTL on Windows 7 64bit didn't fully work for me with the crack so I had to cram in an XP install for this purpose only. Seeing the new digital download version, I thought I'd take a shot at it and could hopefully delete the XP install. NO SUCH LUCK. Still the same problems so beware - a waste of 10 euro.

Just to be clear, the main game on it's own runs fine, as it did with the crack. The problem I've got that makes it useless with our leagues, is that certain add-on cars mess it up (and I've seen other people also with this problem). For example, no matter what car I select, the modded BMW 2800CS is what I get. If I delete the BMW then I'm always given the modded Abarth 1000TCR and so on.
  15. Paul Joseph

Paul Joseph
    The Mighty Forth - Team Manager Premium Member

I have exactly the same problem David, even down to the same BMW being the car that always appears no matter what you pick. After reading the start of the thread I thought the new Steam version might have fixed it, but obviously not. :frown:
  16. Tariq Gamil

Tariq Gamil
    Premium Member

I've tried a no starforce patch for my copy of GTL. It works but the problem after that though is that I can't really join any servers (altbierbude.de were the ones I tested, modified exe error or something like that) so I had to install Win XP and just use GTL normally. Since Simbin are on a roll with releasing expansions for RACE07 (Formula RR and STCC 2) it would be nice if they could find a way to fix the Starforce issues with Win 7.
  17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios

And it was printed on it that copying / selling / distributing it separately from the magazine was not allowed.
  18. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

They still offer it though online.

@JF: can excisting owners of the "old" GTL disc with starforce get a free digital copy somewhere?