rF2 GT Endurance @ Fuji - Monday April 23rd 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Having trouble joining the server. I put password in and get message "Server connection failed".

I was able to join once, once the track had loaded 3 cars appeared on list but I couldn't see them. I then lost connection to the server and was taken back to the server list screen.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Now that was nice. Thanks all for showing up. Lets have some more racers in next race.

For some reason the track worked pretty okay this time and with the 370Z it was nice. Thanks Paul for keeping me company in the Z :)

Thanks for the racing guys, very close and clean one with Mark and someone else too :)

Shame I still can't properly feel the grip of the car nor the breaks or the rearend at all through my ffb, so there was a lot of randomness involved in my driving, but I did not hit anyone and stayed on track so that was ok :)

I had a really nice time, many thanks to Dennis for that. We had a great fight in the race. Running totally different setups, I was much quicker on the straight, while he was quicker in the corners. I took the lead after a five laps or so, and he regained it a few laps later during some lappings. My rear tyres was too worn down by then so I couldn't get the acceleration I need down the straight, and he could go defensive for T1.

Also, why limit camera views? I usually drive with one up on the roof, if you press your home button a couple of times. It gives me great situational awareness and I would like to be able to drive with it. Thanks to Marco and RD for organizing, cant wait for more rF2 events :D

EDIT: Here's my setup btw. I did a 1:30,4 with it in the race.

Well... what can I say..... uh.... boring (race like).. would be a good word...:cry:

Was the slowest GT-R in qualy and in the race too... :thumbsdown:
The only time I saw cars was at the start and half way the race when I parked my car and saw Paul and Bram pass by. :p

I practised at least 200+ laps with this car against 110% AI and was only half second off, so I thought it would be okay, but everyone drove like 140~150% AI times. :confused: Maybe I also shouldn't have made last minute modifications to the set up....:O_o:

Anyways, thanx for the race guys. Hopefuly I will see more cars next race....

Right back at you David, that was one awesome race between the two of us.

I got off the line good enough and thought I had a good enough first lap to distance David enough for him not to get into my slipstream. Turned out that even without it he was so much quicker that I felt like hitting a wall on the straights. On lap 5 or so I had a bad exit out of the hairpin with some wheelspin and knew I couldn't hold him so didn't even try to defend.
Behind David I was driving through smoke for about half of each lap so I had a slight hope of his tires going off towards the end. I kept as close as I could and when we ran up on the 370Zs David ran a bit wide at the not-the-chicane and we had to go to the inside anyway. We squeezed into the right hander as close as we could and I got the luckier end of that. After that he still got two or three runs down the straight but picking the inside I could juuuuust make it stick thanks to being able to brake later with my higher wings.

We were so close all race and with different lines and setups it was a blast. :)

It was really quite fun, I hadn't put much practice in due to personal commitments, but found I was way off pace in the GT-R so decided to go 370z, but as I had't put a setup together (aka stole one off someone who knows what they are doing) and chose this beast at the beginning of Qually, I faired just as poorly... thanks for having a blast Bram... was fun!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back