GSCE v1.15 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.15 release thread.

thanks for the info about the cpu cores. the game is set to only one core.

BUT it works now, without changing anything!!! i installed the game 5 or 6 times now, and suddenly the FPS are back to 100+

it seems the is a problem on my side.

Win 7 64 bit
i5 2500K
8 GB Ram
G27

i think it will only ever use 2 cores at most

Yeah, i think so too. Still, it launched on all cores prior to the update, now it launches on only one. I did some further measurements, and the problem seems to be that physics halts rendering, causing drops. This was not seen before as the second core would step in to offload.

If i look at threads active in the system during running, i can clearly see GSC being put on only one core for all it's subprocesses when launching normally.

Launching with affinity manually changed to all cores, instead spreads GSC across multiple cores, and the framerate drops and stutters are gone, except for the crazy gpu usage stutters with dust and some car lods, but thats a different issue :)

It is a strange thing to have happen however, by just an update... Since it worked before. My experience as a software engineer, is that if you have the app threading nicely in the first place across the cores, there is rarely something that would lock it to a single core all of a sudden just from an app update... Unless you change a main loop or something.

Strange...

Yeah, i think so too. Still, it launched on all cores prior to the update, now it launches on only one. I did some further measurements, and the problem seems to be that physics halts rendering, causing drops. This was not seen before as the second core would step in to offload.

If i look at threads active in the system during running, i can clearly see GSC being put on only one core for all it's subprocesses when launching normally.

Launching with affinity manually changed to all cores, instead spreads GSC across multiple cores, and the framerate drops and stutters are gone, except for the crazy gpu usage stutters with dust and some car lods, but thats a different issue :)

It is a strange thing to have happen however, by just an update... Since it worked before. My experience as a software engineer, is that if you have the app threading nicely in the first place across the cores, there is rarely something that would lock it to a single core all of a sudden just from an app update... Unless you change a main loop or something.

Strange...
Hope the dev's solve the problem asap. It's even more annoying just because the previous version didn't have the issue.

we embedded the full proc command by default in an attempt to make it use two cores on all computers, but clearly something is working correctly and it's not working on all processors, don't suppose people have the issues can list their full spec / os etc please?

we embedded the full proc command by default in an attempt to make it use two cores on all computers, but clearly something is working correctly and it's not working on all processors, don't suppose people have the issues can list their full spec / os etc please?

I only have the issue after the update to Extreme, done by sync, worked prior to updating...

Specs:
Intel I5 3570k @4.2Ghz. Cpu
Nvidia GTX680 factory OC Gpu on latest whql drivers
Win7 64 bit with all updates to date

As i said, it worked prior to the update...

FPS drop from 200+ to 140. And at Montreal pit with 23 ai cars as low as to 50 fps, on track the same 140.

i7 930 @4Ghz, 12Gb ddr3 @1500Mhz, GTX770, Creative SB X-fi Gamer, Win7 64bit
Everything maxed out at Nvidia control panel (no Inspector installed)
Drivers up to date

Tried various settings with the game display options, NVidia Inspector and Task Manager. Hopefully for anyone with poor FPS this may help get some of them back.

Findings:

No Frame Rate Change

Confirmed as posted earlier - adding +fullproc +hiprior to the game executable makes no difference. Checking CPU affinity via Task Manager shows only 1 CPU Core being used.

Image Quality / Performance Settings

Setting the game display options at 16x anisotropic, and NVidia Inspector Sampling at 8x MultiSampling - gives the best image/performance

(Using NVidia Transparency SuperSampling enabled and using SuperSampling gives the best image but at high performance hit(FPS stay around 100) - even when CPU Affinity is set to use all CPU Cores)

The biggest jump in FPS comes when using Task Manger.

1) Open Task Manager
2) Open Processes
3) Go to the Details tab
4) Find the GSC.exe and right click on it
5) Select 'Set Affinity' and the CPU Usage tab will come up - probably only 1 core in use
6) Choose the <All Processors> option

Doing this, doubles/triples the FPS! Instead of 100 I now get 300+ up into the 400s.

You can choose to give the game executable higher priority but I find little to no change.

With these settings, I'm getting ~300 to 400 FPS in practice and between 200 - 300 in racing.

With NVidia Inspector I use these settings:
upload_2014-3-29_13-4-43.png

All other settings are the default ones.

For the Game Display Options I use the highest settings except for Player and Opponent which are set to medium.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks to @RichardEriksson for the heads up on the Task Manager settings!

Specs:
Intel I5 2500k @3.3Ghz. Cpu
Nvidia GTX670 Gpu on latest whql drivers
Win8.1 64 bit with all updates to date

Last edited:
text file is saying its aborting because of this

"4) Unable to sync file 'C:\GSC2013\GameData\Locations\InterlagosHistoric\InterlagosOuter\InterlagosOutermini.tga'! ErrorReplyCode: -1 Message: Malformed FTP reply: 0 O Aborting ..."

I have no mods installed currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%