PC1 Grip levels FFB

The one thing I'm really looking for is the feeling of grip levels in the FFB. Is it possible to get the wheel to go loose when grip is lost or tighten when it returns? I'm not sure what setting to adjust.

Yes it is.. and it's one of the things pCars does best. First of all you need to make sure your overall FFB is NOT clipping. This is the NR 1 most important rule (applies to any of the other simulators as well).

How about writing what wheel you are using and what settings you have in the wheel preferences of the game? It'll be easier to go from there.

If you feel adventurous then the setting you are looking for is in the car setup (FFB tab there). You want to have a Mz biased FFB setup which basically means that you turn down Fy. All cars default to 100 for each of the Fx, Fy, Fz and Mz forces. The easiest one to "feel" or "read" of these forces when it comes to grip/optimum slip angle is the Mz force (tire twisting force).. so you want to keep this one higher than any of the other forces.

Try something like this:

Fx = 80
Fy = 40
Fz = 60
Mz= 100

Then set the spindle master scale to as high as possible WITHOUT causing clipping (you have a FFB clipping meter in pCars, it can be found in the telemetry overlay, top left of the screen).

The tricky part is to tweak the Arm Angle setting (last setting in the car setup FFB menu, only accessible with the arrow keys in the garage) so that it correlates with the Mz vs Fy ratio. If you have a too low Arm Angle the wheel will be too tight in the center and loose the grip feel even though you are still at optimum slip angles. Set it too high and the reverse becomes true (you get stronger FFB the more you turn the wheel, which is obviously not correct either). For the GT3 class I usually end up setting the Arm Angle at something like 19 to 21.. for road cars I usually set it a bit higher. There are some exceptions though (Ariel Atom series comes to mind) but I don't remember them all off the top of my head.

Anyhow, let me know your wheel brand and basic settings then I can help more thoroughly. Keep in mind that currently the whole FFB system is suffering from a pretty serious bug which makes it hard to keep the forces from clipping (but not impossible).

Thanks for the reply. I have a Logitech G27 and I'm using the following settings:

Degrees of Rotation = 900
Overall effects strength = 100
Spring effect strength = 0
Damper effect strength = 0
Centering spring strength = 0
Allow game to adjust settings = Yes

I'm trying your settings and they do seem to make a difference. FFB grip feels much better. There are a couple of things I want to make sure I understand correctly. First, clipping is displayed on the tool when the yellow band reaches the top of the box? Second, I'm changing values in the track pit screens not in the "My garage" which I take are global settings?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back